Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toxic Drinking Water ...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply Will, and the subsequent replies from others. My concern is the neurotoxicity of flouride and how your body (i.e. brain) may absorb it and not be able to pass it. As for minerals in the water and removing chemicals through filtration, (agree it seems like pseudoscience some times) drinking distilled water which has no minerals it is purported to cleanse your body better. If you are drinking spring or filtered water with an assortment of minerals how can it flush excess minerals your body decides it doesn't want any longer. I am no expert, just have read the internet looking for information on reducing flouride and that led to distilled water. It is also purported that distilled water can help with rheumatoid arthritis. Thanks again, and appreciate the article on BrinkZone.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Will, and the subsequent replies from others. My concern is the neurotoxicity of flouride and how your body (i.e. brain) may absorb it and not be able to pass it. As for minerals in the water and removing chemicals through filtration, (agree it seems like pseudoscience some times) drinking distilled water which has no minerals it is purported to cleanse your body better.
    Total pseudo science and the more realistic concern that it may in fact lead to mineral depletion over time.

Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    If you are drinking spring or filtered water with an assortment of minerals how can it flush excess minerals your body decides it doesn't want any longer. I am no expert, just have read the internet looking for information on reducing flouride and that led to distilled water. It is also purported that distilled water can help with rheumatoid arthritis. Thanks again, and appreciate the article on BrinkZone.
    All good. A quality multi stage filter is the way to go in my view.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-19-16 at 16:05.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    See, the reason why the pseudo science here doesn't bother me is because no one is trying to sell me anything. It isn't like the ad print for a diet pill that is preying on my desires to lose weight. There is no distilled water cartel pushing claims, it seems to be more holistic and anti-flouridation writers.

The system you linked to seems like a good choice for higher volume and longer term (e.g. versus a 'Brita' or a 'Pur'). For me, I have not seen a tap/pitcher model or a multi stage filter yet that has been proven to remove flouride.

In the end I see myself as ingesting less minerals, and no fouride, by switching to distilled. I do not have to purchase a system, or maintain one by replacing filters. It does require work to obtain the distilled water of course, but this is readily available in my area and easy to stock up on and store. The hope is to reduce calcification via flouride in my system, and reduce RA symptoms. Time will tell.

Thanks again Will, I don't mean to hijack your topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12