Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My version of a Bada$$ SPR rifle. Need scope recommendations

Feedback Score
    For off set sights Sons of liberty gun works has some kick ass 45 back up sights for a steal at $39!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirknar View Post
    I'm really thinking about the Nightforce shv 3-10x42 Moar.
    I havent looked through that particular nightforce, but im guessing its pretty good. I am not an MOA fan after converting to mil scopes and re-jiggering my brain to work with mil's. Also seeing the advantage of FFP scopes and their ability to use the reticle to range easier than an SFP(which must be on, generally, max power, to range).

The other scope that was interesting that I saw at SHOT last year is the new EoTech 2.5-10x. They were pretty impressive scopes, but I think the price point was north of a grand, I want to say 1200-1400 or so.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dirknar, I'm another fan of the Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 FFP. I have one on a build similar to yours and it's an excellent scope and produces a very accurate and well-balanced combo. I'm sure you already know to get a quality mount for it, like Geissele, BoBro, LaRue, or similar.

I'm also sure the NF is amazing- I strongly considered it, but since it is 2x the price, decided the Vortex was the best value. I don't regret that in the least.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 12-16-16 at 17:41.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Right on, thanks you guys. I went and checked out all three scopes at cabelas today. They have one of those clarity cards (?) That is about 70 yards or so from the scope counter.

The Nightforce SHV 3-10x44, glass was sweet, but man the reticle was really thin, no illumination, covered turrets, felt alittle hefty and moa reticle, after getting myself to think in mils for a while now.. really sweet scope so that was a tough one..

The vortex pst 2.5-10x32 was really nice too, glass was awesome, felt hefty, turrets were real nice but that ffp reticle.. getting big and really small.. I can't see needing this for my uses, it seemed to small on 2.5/4, power to even use. And if I needed to use it for hold overs, say 300yrds and more, I'm pretty sure I'd be maxed out on power anyways..??

The Leupold vxr patrol, glass was great, turrets were nice, not quit as stiff and positive and clicky as the pst. I like the custom order turrets option. The fire dot seemed pretty cool, especially on 3 power it had huge fov and forgiving eye box. I think it will be really quick and easy to smack steel at 200 yards and in, when on 3/4 power.
    I guess I'll find out, I ordered it up. (For a very nice discount)

Also ordered up a ADM recon fde mount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice choice. I'll have to take a look at the Leupold. I have the same ADM mount (color and all) holding a Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar1217 View Post
    Nice choice. I'll have to take a look at the Leupold. I have the same ADM mount (color and all) holding a Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS right now.
    Nice! Post up some pics of it. I looked pretty hard at the primary arms stuff. Love that reticle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here ya go. It's going onto a rifle that I'm waiting on from a friend but threw it on this sorta project gun so you can take a look:

IMG_8994.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice build, I'm slowly collecting parts for a similar build for similar usage.
    I plan on running mine with sights for a bit (MBUIS Pro's), until I get a good feel for it and save up for a scope.

I'm interested in how yours runs and how you like the scope once you get it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKjeff View Post
    Nice build, I'm slowly collecting parts for a similar build for similar usage.
    I plan on running mine with sights for a bit (MBUIS Pro's), until I get a good feel for it and save up for a scope.

I'm interested in how yours runs and how you like the scope once you get it.
    I haven't shot mine yet, as I don't have any sights. I was planning on buying some pros as well, but budget is so shot. Once I get the scope/ mount, I will get out and get sighted in and post up some pics. Only ammo I have right now is just some 5.56 55gr stuff. I need new .223 dies/bullets/powder before I can really get some good ammo going for it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You'll like the VX-R Patrol. I have one on my .308 Steyr Scout rifle. It's perfect for that rifle and should work great on your SPR. I was unaware of the custom turret option. I'll check that out.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast