Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm Muzzle Brake?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

9mm Muzzle Brake?

Have you used a muzzle brake on a 9mm? I'm not sure if it is going to do much.

Have you tried this one?
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/oem-p...s-g000143.html
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 20:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That is about what I thought. Definitely get the Maglula.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BGREID View Post
    Have you used a muzzle brake on a 9mm? I'm not sure if it is going to do much.

Have you tried this one?
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/oem-p...s-g000143.html
    OP - What is your desired outcome? How long a barrel? What general ammo choices, screaming 90gr or sedate 147s? Will you ever want to suppress?

I have 9.5" and 16" 9mm ARs. The short one has a Noveske Pig and the longer a 9mm A2 set up.

I am meh on anything other than a basic A2 on a 16". Something more specific may have a play on a shorter barrel... I would encourage looking at the lower side of special breaks on shorter pistol/NFAbarrels, such as a Levang linear or the KAK can. Why spend a lot for very marginal additional return?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    OP - What is your desired outcome? How long a barrel? What general ammo choices, screaming 90gr or sedate 147s? Will you ever want to suppress?

I have 9.5" and 16" 9mm ARs. The short one has a Noveske Pig and the longer a 9mm A2 set up.

I am meh on anything other than a basic A2 on a 16". Something more specific may have a play on a shorter barrel... I would encourage looking at the lower side of special breaks on shorter pistol/NFAbarrels, such as a Levang linear or the KAK can. Why spend a lot for very marginal additional return?
    I am using a 16 inch barrel with standard loads.

Feedback Score
    I too am trying to find an affordable brake / compensator that would be affective on a AR-9? With soft reloads, Winchester USA white box and hot reloads. Any thoughts on psa or yhm brakes?

Feedback Score
    Linear Comp. It won't add much more length than a standard A2 and it'll direct more of the blast forward. A brake really isn't going to do much more.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    A linear comp? I'm not familiar with that or who makes them. Thank you. I'll look it up.

Feedback Score
    Levang and KAK make one that I know of. I'm sure there are others. Perhaps someone here can chime in with others. I have once on my 9mm with 8" barrel
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Love the one I bought for my 90-Two. http://www.hec-computers.com/beretta...mpensator.html
    Do Pistols count?
    The Authority is not the Truth. Truth is the only Authority.
    Truth Is Hate to Those Who Hate Truth.
    Love of power is the manifestation of evil.

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes.
    Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
    - Napoléon Bonaparte

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast