Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the standard A3 AUG - 2017

Feedback Score

Return of the standard A3 AUG - 2017

Some of you have probably already seen this on other forums, but to be brief I am trying to get Steyr to bring back the A3. The machine time for the A3 is actually less than on the M1. Steyr has rails for the A3 that can be used to finish complete A3 guns - assuming Steyr sees that there is enough demand aside from myself.

If you are interested in a return of the AUG A3 (for however brief or long that could be) please voice your input, opinion, thoughts, etc. here.

The people at Steyr who would make this decision will see your responses.

THANKS!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STG77 View Post
    Some of you have probably already seen this on other forums, but to be brief I am trying to get Steyr to bring back the A3. The machine time for the A3 is actually less than on the M1. Steyr has rails for the A3 that can be used to finish complete A3 guns - assuming Steyr sees that there is enough demand aside from myself.

If you are interested in a return of the AUG A3 (for however brief or long that could be) please voice your input, opinion, thoughts, etc. here.

The people at Steyr who would make this decision will see your responses.

THANKS!

They are going back to the A3 model? Good. The M1 is horrible and the rails are to short for anything useful.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have an A3. I would never buy an M1.

Feedback Score
    They wouldn't be discontinuing the M1 for the A3, but rather would make a small run of A3's. For how long or how many I don't know.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would buy one, been on the list for anniversary model, maybe next year.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Good luck with that! I've been trying for a year to get them to import 15rd mags for a S9-A1 pistol.

Had the AUG A3 a couple years ago. I like the A3 M1 more. Mine has the 1.5x optic. I'll be swapping to a Leupold 1-4x Patrol soon. It was much easier to put BUIS on the A3.

SamM
    Last edited by SamM; 12-16-16 at 19:01.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good luck. The M1 is kind of lame.

If I cared about a 1.5x optic, Trijicon makes a good one. If one really wants the Miami Vice/Die Hard one.....get a pre-ban.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Good luck. The M1 is kind of lame.

If I cared about a 1.5x optic, Trijicon makes a good one. If one really wants the Miami Vice/Die Hard one.....get a pre-ban.
    That and the optic isn't illuminated. The A3 is the better AUG. I have several and one M1 that I bought with the 3x.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    I've been trying for a year to get them to import 15rd mags for a S9-A1 pistol.
    That's exactly the reason I have not purchased one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I own a USR turned A2, previously owned a A3 and will own a M1. I personally believe the M1 is the pinnacle of the AUG design - it is what the A2 should have been. The A3 is great and I think it would be great if they offered both the A3 and A3M1. But if they are only going to offer one, the A3M1 is it in my opinion. I would prefer to see the hybrid M1 rail seen over in Europe that extends back like the A3 rail but interfaces with the M1 receiver. I do not need the extra rail length aft of the receiver on the A3. This extended length doesn't offer enough length to do anything better than the real estate offered on the A3. To me the rear rail space is what sets apart the A3 from the M1. But given its intended purpose (in my hands) the A2 and M1 do offer everything I could want; with the nod to the interface between the optic/rail and receiver on the M1 over the A2.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast