Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brother teaching brother to shoot, the shooter deliberately shoots himself

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Brother teaching brother to shoot, the shooter deliberately shoots himself

Happen back in July and I just came across the video, click on the following link and then the video:

http://weaponstricks.com/index.php/2...rned-to-shoot/

WOODLAND PARK — An Elmwood Park man died after shooting himself in front of his brother at the Gun for Hire firing range on McBride Avenue.
    Mayor Keith Kazmark confirmed Tuesday night that the victim, described by police as in his mid-20s, had died from a single gunshot wound after being taken by ambulance to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson. The man’s name was being withheld and would likely be released on Wednesday, Kazmark said.

Woodland Park Police Capt. Eileen Tiernan said the shooting was still under investigation, but said the victim never announced his intention to kill himself. Tiernan said the two brothers arrived for shooting practice, although it is not known whether the victim rented a gun at the shooting range or brought his own, she said.

http://archive.northjersey.com/news/...ange-1.1629056

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Well that's disturbing. Looks like the brother behind him was hit in the leg? I didn't read anything in the article.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I remember hearing about this on the local forums I'm a part of. I'm surprised the video was released

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Man, that's one the most screwed up things I have ever seen.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    That's one helluva bad day at the range.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Damn I hope the second guy is okay

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkr870 View Post
    Well that's disturbing. Looks like the brother behind him was hit in the leg? I didn't read anything in the article.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    I believe the brother was just getting out of harms way and as you stated nothing in the article. I researched many articles on the shooting and nothing about the brother getting wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by slowlowmiata View Post
    I remember hearing about this on the local forums I'm a part of. I'm surprised the video was released

As you, I am surprised the video was released. Thought maybe it was a fake (still doubt in my mind), but was unable to locate any negative comments on the video. If you are on a local Jersey forum, maybe you can ask about the validity of the video.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    I believe the brother was just getting out of harms way and as you stated nothing in the article. I researched many articles on the shooting and nothing about the brother getting wounded.

As you, I am surprised the video was released. Thought maybe it was a fake (still doubt in my mind), but was unable to locate any negative comments on the video. If you are on a local Jersey forum, maybe you can ask about the validity of the video.
    This range is like 25 Mins from my house. I posted this on the forum, lll see what answers I get

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Happen back in July and I just came across the video, click on the following link and then the video:

http://weaponstricks.com/index.php/2...rned-to-shoot/

WOODLAND PARK — An Elmwood Park man died after shooting himself in front of his brother at the Gun for Hire firing range on McBride Avenue.
    Mayor Keith Kazmark confirmed Tuesday night that the victim, described by police as in his mid-20s, had died from a single gunshot wound after being taken by ambulance to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson. The man’s name was being withheld and would likely be released on Wednesday, Kazmark said.

Woodland Park Police Capt. Eileen Tiernan said the shooting was still under investigation, but said the victim never announced his intention to kill himself. Tiernan said the two brothers arrived for shooting practice, although it is not known whether the victim rented a gun at the shooting range or brought his own, she said.

http://archive.northjersey.com/news/...ange-1.1629056

This is not GFH. it's a different range but I don't know which

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Horrible tragedy, especially in light of how recent others have occurred in that community.

Slightly off topic, but do you actually need a permit to shoot on a range in Jersey? The second link mentioned prominently several times that they were "shooting without a permit", as if it was somehow a noteworthy point.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 12-17-16 at 09:35.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast