Thread: Deltapoint Pro owners, slide mounted MRDS, need advice

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Deltapoint Pro owners, slide mounted MRDS, need advice

Question is open to anyone that has a deltapoint pro milled into a slide, or anyone with a MRDS on a pistol slide. Would you use a standard Glock dovetail in front or behind a milled optic, or would you use the Leupold rear sight? My DPP is showing up on Friday and I haven't decided if I want to get the DPP rear sight or if I will get the dovetail milled in front of the optic.

Advice? Opinions? Wish you would have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That seems to be largely personal preference. On the ATOM slide I'm selling, the irons are in front whereas the slide I just got milled has them in the rear. I don't have much time on either gun, but it doesn't seem to be a huge difference to me so far. My eyes look for the dot and regardless of where the rear sight is so I figured might as well leave it in its normal place. The DPP is very high though, even if you get it milled into the slide you're still going to need extra tall suppressor sights from what I've heard, so their rear sight may be the best bet.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a DPP on my PPQ. For the PPQ, the rear sight dovetail had to be milled. There isn't room for a rear sight. I did not want to pay $80 for the DPP rear sight attachment. I replaced the front sight with a Dawson Precision 0.435 Tall fiber optic sight. I painted a thick white line on the back of the DPP. Lining up the front sight with the line and the bottom of the fiber optic right on top of the white line, POI and POA are the same.

Considering the irons are backups, I am happy with the setup.
    Last edited by skifast; 10-08-17 at 21:04.