Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Grip on the 2.0 is WAY to aggressive for my taste. I know I know.. agressive grips and stippling is the Tactical Charlie trend right now.. but no thanks.

I assume the Gen 1 backstraps would still fit a 2.0?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zjhagens View Post
    The Grip on the 2.0 is WAY to aggressive for my taste. I know I know.. agressive grips and stippling is the Tactical Charlie trend right now.. but no thanks.

You can use sandpaper to knock down some of the sharp edges.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zjhagens View Post

I kind of felt that way when I got my 2.00, less aggressive, but reminded me of the original Simonich Gunner's. So I figured I could sandpaper the grip if I needed to. Now, over 5,000 rounds through the gun, I don't even notice the texture, glad I didn't sand it.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Picked up my 2.0 45 for the new duty gun.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is that a 5 inch barrel on it?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Is that a 5 inch barrel on it?
    4.6 inch

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pretty interested in the new 2.0 Compact.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Picked up a Long slide variant in FDE yesterday.

Shop had it priced at 469.99 so I didn't even hesitate.

The only down side is that this one has the thumb safety. I will of course be removing it.
    Is that an easy thing to do? I noticed that the 9mm full size FDE has the safety. I am not sure one is made without the safety with these specs.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Took the 45 2.0 out today.
    The Good:
    Very smooth shooting pistol, the recoil impulse of the 45 was surprisingly soft. No accuracy issues with the pistol to note, but my shooting was poor so who knows. No malfunctions, everything cycled well with cheap S&B ball ammo. I found the medium backstrap to be most comfortable, but the medium-large was the best during shooting for my hands. The grip is very....grippy, it's actually fantastic. Trigger felt great, much better than the previous generation of M&P.

The Bad:
    The slide-stop is just that, a slide-stop. This pistol was created with the "sling shot" method in mind when releasing the slide. If you use your slide-stop to release the slide, it will be very tough. Luckily, I sling-shot the slide, so no issues here.

The Ugly:
    Getting the 10th round into the magazine was sometimes impossible. I had to completely download the magazine, then reload to load all 10. Maybe the springs need to be broken in, if not, it's annoying.

Overall:
    I'm very impressed with the 2.0. I despised the original, so that is saying something. I need some more practice with it, but I feel comfortable carrying this gun into harm's way now. The features, feel in hand, and the soft recoil impulse lead me to believe that this was a sound replacement for my Glock 34. I may buy another 2.0....

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    The Ugly:
    Getting the 10th round into the magazine was sometimes impossible. I had to completely download the magazine, then reload to load all 10. Maybe the springs need to be broken in, if not, it's annoying.
    I never needed an UPLULA until I owned an M&P45.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast