Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0

Feedback Score
    I'm a big fan of the M&P40, M&P40C, and M&P45C. Really looking forward to checking these out!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfoecke View Post
    Anyone know what's Infront of the slide stop?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    I'm guessing some sort of takedown button that allows slide removal without a tool or trigger press.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm guessing some sort of takedown button that allows slide removal without a tool or trigger press.

I'm curious if it has something to do with the "modular" in Modular Weapon System? Or did they just relocate the serial number plate?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

If you look closely at the available photos there's some sort of tab or lever on the left side in front of the slide release. It isn't a serial number.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I'm curious if it has something to do with the "modular" in Modular Weapon System? Or did they just relocate the serial number plate?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with the enhancements to the M&P pistols, but lots of changes going on here. No extended beavertail, which is a good thing actually, front slide cocking serrations also. One very interesting change I see is it appears the roll pins are gone, and they are using solid pins now. The serial number plate on the frame at the rear is gone now, and it looks to be what the cut outs are on the dust cover. I am wondering if S&W hasn't gone down the removable chassis road, al la P320, serial number follows the chassis. This was rumored for a while and they might have pulled it off. Will have to wait and see...

TXPO
    Good for you, I'm shocked at how much everyone else seems to miss despite it being right in front of them.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Since Grant is radio silent on this, I'm assuming that we're not going to hear anything official until SHOT Show. Academy pulled the info down from their website, so they probably got a very fast and irritated phone call from Smith for prematurely putting the info on their website.

I have known about these for some time now. I really cannot say anything about accuracy, etc as I have not touched one.

IMHO, your most accurate (out of the box) pistols are going to be from HK, Walther and CZ (and various 1911's). Yes, you can certainly get a 1" @25yd gun from Glock, but it is a real crap shoot. M&Ps' are typically 3-4" guns @25yds. If that works for folks, drive on.

C4

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have known about these for some time now. I really cannot say anything about accuracy, etc as I have not touched one.

IMHO, your most accurate (out of the box) pistols are going to be from HK, Walther and CZ (and various 1911's). Yes, you can certainly get a 1" @25yd gun from Glock, but it is a real crap shoot. M&Ps' are typically 3-4" guns @25yds. If that works for folks, drive on.

C4
    Hell, I'd be happy with a 2.5" gun at 25. Still better than I can shoot.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Hell, I'd be happy with a 2.5" gun at 25. Still better than I can shoot.
    Understand. For me, I look for guns that can shoot UNDER 1" groups at 25yds. To each there own, but you are typically better off with an overly accurate pistol VS one that isn't.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It looks to me like these are definitely "modular". If you look at the ejector side of the pistol, you can see the RFID, as well as the SN in the cutouts. On the other side, it appears to just be black.

Take a look at the pin in the back in the beaver tail, as well as the pin DIRECTLY in front of the take down lever. My guess is that you drive these two pins out and the SN chassis pops out.
    Last edited by methical20; 12-19-16 at 12:42.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    It looks to me like these are definitely "modular". If you look at the ejector side of the pistol, you can see the RFID, as well as the SN in the cutouts. On the other side, it appears to just be black.

Take a look at the pin in the back in the beaver tail, as well as the pin DIRECTLY in front of the take down lever. My guess is that you drive these two pins out and the SN chassis pops out.
    Serialized chassis's are the future. I suspect we will see this a lot more in the future.

C4

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast