Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New rail for the M1 AUG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

New rail for the M1 AUG

It was mentioned earlier that Pete is making a long rail for the M1 that will extend back to the ejection port.

Here's a question that needs to be answered:

Do you want it the same height as the A3 rail or do you want it the height as the A3 "military high rail" (which is the same height as the M1 long rail).

I've seen the drawing of the high rail but unless Pete gives the ok won't post anything yet, but the A3 height should look very similar to the CL rail minus flip up sights.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I vote A3. It seemed perfect.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Standard A3. And yes it does seem perfect. I am happy with my AUG and doubt I would get another but still. I wish it would be standard or at least an option

Feedback Score
    The military high is only useful with the Aimpoint without spacer and the original Steyr optic. The standard "AR-esque" height is more useful for a wider range of optics- but then you risk your knuckles due to the overall design.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The standard A3.

Feedback Score
    Standard A3.

I've been wanting to mount an ACOG TA31 ECOS to my A3 M1 but find that the eye relief is insufficient for a standard rail, and the high rail creates a jaw to stock weld. It just needs to be 1/2" lower than the high rail to be perfect.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    FYI- I'd rather have a rail that looks more like the A2 style than the A3 style. Just make it go back to the ejection port.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Standard A3.

I've been wanting to mount an ACOG TA31 ECOS to my A3 M1 but find that the eye relief is insufficient for a standard rail, and the high rail creates a jaw to stock weld. It just needs to be 1/2" lower than the high rail to be perfect.

Do you have the long rail or the short rail? Also I believe the TA31ECOS has the shorter annoying eye box which Trijicon should have gotten rid of ten years ago. Get the 3.5x model with a slightly longer eye relief. I run an ACOG LED 4x32 on an A3 military high rail but it also has the short retarded eye box- which is annoying so I have to put it all the way in the back. As far as cheek weld, it's sufficient enough but would prefer something a little lower, not much though.

7n6

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Posted by: CRAMBONE
    Sam,
    Are you going to use a suppressor on your rifle?
    Yes, I have a SilencerCo Omega.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Standard A3. And yes it does seem perfect. I am happy with my AUG and doubt I would get another but still. I wish it would be standard or at least an option
    A3. That height with a t1 in 416 height mount is perfect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast