Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New rail for the M1 AUG

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The A3 M1 that I bought came with a NATO stock and the 1.5x optic. I would have preferred the 3x and just added a Zeiss RDS. A Leupold 1-4x Patrol will extend it's range nicely. My long rail is on the way for that scope. Last year, I bought a standard stock and a boatload of AUG mags for it. The NATO stock is only used for hunting with 10 or 20rd Gen 3 PMAGs. Options are nice to have.

Looking forward to the upgrade kit, when and if it's available.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    One a serious note. I have an AUG M1 with long rail waiting on me. Im gonna go with Troy micros and a Larue H&K mount with a T2. Does anyone see any issues with that?
    Why not forego the back up sights, the T2 is a solid optic. Your sight radius is comparable to the G17L.

Feedback Score
    I saw a prototype today that was just anodized and installed on an M1. It looks really good, I'm excited for this, going to replace some factory "long rails" with this.

I think a lot of people here will be very happy with the product. As of now, the rail is actually lighter than the Steyr rail.

When Pete lets me, I'll post more. Should be soon though.

Feedback Score
    The top of the rail to the center of bore (height over bore) is the same as a Colt M4.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STG77 View Post
    The top of the rail to the center of bore (height over bore) is the same as a Colt M4.

Perfect. I might replace my M1 3x scope with this rail and just run an Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    Version 2 went on a diet and now fits the 9mm AUG stocks.

Last edited by STG77; 12-23-16 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    So I guess I didn't need to blur out the earlier picture...

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME about these rails, I am NOT selling them and have no financial interest (or otherwise) in the outcome of this rail (beside myself being a paying customer).

If you want one, call Pete like anyone would normally do for AUG parts. He has them for $135 now.

Hope you all like the pictures. There's a couple little aesthetic tweaks I would do to it, but they're not economical and add weight (and this isn't my project), beside that I really like the design and am excited to get my hands on one.

25 Slots I believe, maybe T-numbered on top (not sure), same height over comb as the A3, same height over bore as Colt M4 carbine, 3.4 ounces (0.5 ounce lighter than the 3.9 ounce factory long rail), will work with the 9mm AUG kits, and only fits the AUG A3 M1 model.

Will not work with Larue mounts, but AUG, Tavor and other split channel rail owners already know this. Bobro, ADM, Geiselle, and any other optic mount with a full width cross bolt will be perfect for this rail.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Very nice!

Feedback Score
    Small update: Pete plans on selling both split rails and full lug rails. If you have a larue mount, you can use it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm cancelling my order for the Steyr long rail. Very interested on the full lug rail.

SamM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast