Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk "Roland Special"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post
    I ordered my barrel/comp direct from KKM on March 24th or 25th and was told 2 week lead time at that time. With no updates until yesterday I sent an email through their website and received a prompt response saying they would ship it out immediately.

Got a tracking number from them about an hour after that email and it shows departed from Nevada and is due at my house Monday.

The inability to meet a shipping deadline they provided was a bit frustrating but 5.5 weeks for a product that is in fairly high demand and according to their website now is back ordered a few weeks doesn't really upset me much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They were pretty up front with me that it was going to take a while. Which was fine since the gun was going to be at ATEi for a while anyway. I mean there aren't any dealers with them in stock right now. If any get any they're gone within a day or two.

On he one hand, just about anyone who asks seems to get a shipping label that day. Myself included. So maybe here's something to it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
    ^If it's any consolation, KKM "guaranteed" a shipping notice by early friday after 2 months of them telling me it would be shipping "soon," doesnt look like they're gonna be following through on that.
    That is annoying, but at this point I don't know if I'll ever even get mine. I wouldn't be too surprised if it never shows up.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Well, OPT shipped my KKM comp and barrel 10 days ago. It left California on the 24th and has been "in transit to destination" since the 25th and USPS wants a week to find a lost package? This is infuriating.
    USPS is the worst..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Let's talk "Roland Special"

KKM finally came through. They're busy, I get it, honestly. Not a pleasant experience though. Comp came dinged up too, hard to capture with a photo. Oh well, it's a tool.

Feedback Score
    What ammo are people having the most success with in this type of setup? I keep getting failure to feeds with American Eagle 124gr and having keyholing issues and horrible accuracy with Asym Precision 147gr reman ammo. S&B 115gr ammo seems to work the best for me since it is loaded to hotter pressures. What other options are you guys running?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    What ammo are people having the most success with in this type of setup? I keep getting failure to feeds with American Eagle 124gr and having keyholing issues and horrible accuracy with Asym Precision 147gr reman ammo. S&B 115gr ammo seems to work the best for me since it is loaded to hotter pressures. What other options are you guys running?
    Sample size of one range trip and 150 rounds... 147 Federal American Eagle did fine. Round #2 was a FTF but never happened again. Accuracy was nice as well.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have had amazing accuracy with the ASYM 147 remans in both a KKM setup and with a Lone Wolf barrel and the TBRCi comp. Also had great luck with Speer lawman 124 and 147 as well as Federal HST 124+P and 147. Are you running a stock recoil spring assembly?
    Last edited by bighawk; 05-05-17 at 09:37.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    What barrel are you running? I am having no issues with any ammo but I am running a SiCo barrel and a texes comp.

Feedback Score
    Running KKM barrel and comp with a stock recoil spring. Currently it is in a glock 19 MOS setup.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Weapon Outfitters anticipates a shipment of black melonited KKM barrel+comps arriving shortly and has pre-orders up.
    https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/kkm...glock-19.html#

While this isn't strictly a Roland component and not even close (it makes it g17 size instead of g34), what do you guys think of this? http://www.mayhem-syndicate.com/shop...nsator-for-g19

Might work very well with an inforce apl?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast