Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk "Roland Special"

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I have been toying with the idea of finishing my rendition of the RS.

joining in to see where this goes.

Feedback Score
    I was pretty intrigued until I figured out the cost of the project and then saw that a comped G19 is the same length as a G34 which would rule out CCW (for me, anyhow)

I'd love to try one though.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I was pretty intrigued until I figured out the cost of the project and then saw that a comped G19 is the same length as a G34 which would rule out CCW (for me, anyhow)

I felt this way until I appendix carried my 17 with a threaded barrel and an x300 ultra which was pretty comfortable for me so I figured I'd give a comped 19 a try.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    2. Unity Atom Slide - I really don't like making permanent changes to my stuff because I am always experimenting to find something that works better for me. This gives me the most flexibility, even if I do lose some compatibility with holsters. I need to register at Primary and Secondary to ask Doc where he gets his slides milled for the Atom mount, that may be a better alternative.
    I think L&M Precision is the one who was milling stock slides milled for the Atom mounts. Found this blurb on L&M's website:
    Quote Originally Posted by L&M Precision
    L&M was instrumental in the development and prototyping of the ATOM Mount and is the exclusive installer of this and other innovative new RDS installation system.
    http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The concept definitely has its merits, I'm just not wed to the exact literal definition.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed View Post
    Never messed around with RSAs. Did you have to change out your striker spring?
    There is not one spring in the gun that's stock... Anyone that's built one will tell you the same story, springs are cheap and so you buy a lot of them chasing the perfect combo of smooth cycling, reliable feeding, and light trigger pull. Its a glock, so every spring that's not the magazine spring somehow impacts the trigger pull.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    The concept definitely has its merits, I'm just not wed to the exact literal definition.

what brand of sights did you go with? I am unable to ID in the pic.

I went with plain black but had trouble (meaning felt very slow getting my first shot off) at low light training and leaning toward a two dot tritium set up.

TIA

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post

It would seem to me the length of the X300 dictates the overall length of the package and the comp doesn't really add anything. Flattening out the recoil jump would be a worthwhile endeavor, particularly with the optic? I carry a G19 w/X300 IWB and it isn't bad at all. I'm still running irons though, so I'm not sure it's worth the coin for me (for now).
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
    I think L&M Precision is the one who was milling stock slides milled for the Atom mounts. Found this blurb on L&M's website:

http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com
    http://www.fire-4-effect.com is the only other authorized shop that i know of doing ATOM work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would love to set up one of the new CZ P10C's in this configuration.
    My biggest hang up with RMR's is that you are stuck with an OEM solution like the Glock MOS or M&P C.O.R.E.
    Or,
    You have an aftermarket slide from a third party.
    Or,
    You send your stock slide out to get milled. The bare steel underneath the optic has always been a concern for me as an area likely to rust.
    It would be really awesome to see someone offer the ATOM slide as an OEM factory option with a factory finish applied to the entire slide at once.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast