Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tavor Owners: What sight or scope options are you using?

Feedback Score

Tavor Owners: What sight or scope options are you using?

I just acquired a Tavor. I ordered a Red Dot as I feel this is the best option for what I'd use this for. Home defense/CQB.

I don't consider it to be a tack driver or precision rifle.

What do you use and why? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have Mepro RDS on mine with BUIS as backup.

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint micro

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm using an Aimpoint PRO. Just not on the rifle yet. I actually just swapped the mount knob to the opposite side so it isn't on the charging handle side.

I like Aimpoints. Have a PRO on my 5.56mm AR, and a Comp M4s on my .45 AR. I do have a magnifier (also Aimpoint) for the PRO, but I have tossed it behind the other red dot to get a better zero (you usually see POI movement with a magnifier, since you have a clearer sight picture.

When I looked at something for the Tavor, I first wanted to go with a Micro... but they are a little too expensive. I did the Geissele trigger pack and trigger, so the PRO was a better choice for costs. Plus, I like the larger tube.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The best sight, IMO for the Tavor is the SpecterDR 1-4x. I had one on mine. Make sure to get a higher rail, to have a full field of view with it. It's pricey but the extra weight of the sight is not noticeable on the Tavor. My Tavor was one of the first 1000 and was VERY accurate. It just needs a good sight. You'll love the dual role capability of the Specter.

SamM
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    Well, I ended up choosing a Primary Arms Advanced Microdot. It is similar in specs to an Aimpoint T1. Shock resistant, water resistant, long battery life. I have been impressed by how well it has stood up to recoil of different pistols and rifles for me. I had one on an AR pistol. Since I just acquired, in the past few weeks, 3 more AR pistols, a Tavor and a CAA Micro Roni Stab, I bought five more of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If the Primary Arms Advance Microdot doesn't work for you, try the Mepro M21. I like the one that came with my Tavor so much, that I now use them on several other rifles. I personally have poor close up vision and excellent far away vision. Red dots are blurry to me, but the M21 is sharp as a knife.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    If the Primary Arms Advance Microdot doesn't work for you, try the Mepro M21. I like the one that came with my Tavor so much, that I now use them on several other rifles. I personally have poor close up vision and excellent far away vision. Red dots are blurry to me, but the M21 is sharp as a knife.
    Will do. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Also using a PA advanced micro dot, on an ADM mount. For the money, its a hard red dot to beat. I have several T1's and if I was rich enough I'd buy more...But my issue too many rifles to equip them all with the best. So far the PA has run great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast