Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IR Laser and Weapon Light Mount Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

IR Laser and Weapon Light Mount Picture Thread

I have been trying to figure out a good way to mount my IR laser and X300u to my rifle. I don't like my light at 3 o'clock because it makes the rifle too wide and it's not easy to access the switch.
    I currently have a KMR Rail with a Daniel Defense front sight, Laser Devices DBAL and a Surefire X300u. I would like to get the X300u closer to the 1 o'clock position and TRY to avoid using tape switches.
    Post some pictures of your set ups so we can see different variations of how things work.....

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Are you 100% set on keeping with the x300u?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have few scout lights but they are the older ones that aren't as bright. I'm not 100% set, I just want everything to be functional. I work steady nights so all the equipment will be used.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I mounted my DBal on the side rail and X300 on the top rail.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That's an option but I would need a tape switch then. I like that I can just activate the laser with my thumb.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    That's an option but I would need a tape switch then. I like that I can just activate the laser with my thumb.
    Maybe it's because I'm a lefty, but I don't use a tape switch on mine?? Laser is mounted forward of the sling mount so I can operate it with my thumb and then roll up to the light if I need it. I'd post a pic, but I busted the thumb screw on my X300 Saturday and I'm waiting on the replacement.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I have few scout lights but they are the older ones that aren't as bright. I'm not 100% set, I just want everything to be functional. I work steady nights so all the equipment will be used.
    You could run the x300 in an offset pic mount but that just makes it bulkier. A scout light is definitely the way to go IMO.

Feedback Score
    With your laser at 12, I don't see how you'll get any light at 1 o'clock. I went with a smaller laser for this very reason. I also went with tape switches, though I could reach the X300 with my left thumb if I needed to. My X300 is attached with a Magpul M-lok 45 degree piece and while it's hard to tell in the photos, it doesn't touch the laser.

Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    I don't think you'll be able to clear the dbal with the x300 at the 1oclock. An option may be the arisaka m300/600 light body in their offset mount. I know that configuration is supposed to work on my geissele mk8. You'd have to email or call them to see if it will work on the kmr.

Unfortunately for me it didn't work with the ATPIAL-c, as the body on the ATPIAL is wider and lower than the Dbal. I ended up with the ATPIAL at 3 oclock and the light at 11. It works well, but primary activation of the Laser is with a tape switch. I can run the Laser with the switch on he body if I chickenwing the gun though. Again, the fire control on the dbal is different than the ATPIAL as well.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I actually have an Arisaka M300 light body laying around. I just want the brighter light. The M600 lights I have laying around are good indoors but they are not great outside at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast