Thread: Back in the 1911 game - Springfield Loaded

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Back in the 1911 game - Springfield Loaded

Brought home a SA Loaded today. I had one many years ago but sold it like a fool. I had a Remington R1 for a short while but traded it. Decided it was time get a 1911. I took my 12 year old son with me and let him pick what he wanted to get. He was torn between a Ruger 1911 in black with nite sites and the loaded. Both very similar pistols except for the FLGR and ambi safety. I am left handed so the ambi safety is a bonus. He picked the Springfield because he said it just felt better in his hand. Sold.

I'm fairly certain the NM prefix indicates it's made in the US and not Brazil or with Imbel parts. Regardless I'm pretty happy that I have a 1911 again.

Just have to send in my loaded coupon for some inexpenve spare magazines. For $12 how can I go wrong.

Looking forward to shooting it once it gets above freezing.

I Added some VZ Frags. It shoots great. I put 500 through it so far. No problems.
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 01-15-17 at 14:14.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That was my second 1911, and is still my favorite. You get so much gun in that package. Great choice!!!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You really can't go wrong with the Loaded and the grip safety won't dig into your hand like the Ruger can. Don't forget lots of lube when you first go to shoot it. David

Feedback Score
    This is a great pistol! The one thing I didn't like was the lack of front strap checkering (at least in the SS model). I switched out the Cocobolo grips for a Pachmayr grip and it was good to go!

Edit: I forgot to mention; I read a few years back that an NM serial number prefix denotes that at least 50% of the work on the pistol was done at the Geneseo plant. I believe all the parts are made in Brazil.

Last edited by G17L; 01-06-17 at 00:11.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I believe all new Springfields are US made. Either way I've never had any issue with the several I've had! Great pistols!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My only 1911. SA TRP. I wanted one 1911 but one that wasn't the typical Philippines gun. Found this one used, in good condition and for an unbelievable price. I haven't beaten on it but so far it's been trouble free. Works well with all ammo

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    You did well and will enjoy it for a long time. Yes, it is a US built gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My only 1911. SA TRP. I wanted one 1911 but one that wasn't the typical Philippines gun. Found this one used, in good condition and for an unbelievable price. I haven't beaten on it but so far it's been trouble free. Works well with all ammo

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I bought a basically brand new TRP about 8 years ago from a friend who was strapped for cash for $800.. I sold it a few years later to buy a railed 1911 and it was the biggest regret I have in regards to guns.

I wish I never would have sold it since it was without a doubt the smoothest and most accurate pistol I have ever owned. Every time I pick up a 1911 I kick myself thinking about that gun. I would not hesitate to buy either of the Loaded or TRP models if I was in the 1911 market again.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A Loaded model is what got me to fall in love with the 1911 platform. I stupidly sold my 9151 years ago and still miss that gun to this day. It was also what got me to really appreciate good customer service as well. It had a few issues out of the box which SA fixed free of charge. Many many many rounds later I broke a hammer strut and on top of replacing that they did a trigger job and a few other things free of charge at the same time. The only 1911 I currently own is a TRP. Absolutely love the gun and will never get rid of it. Now I am in the market for a 1911 in 9mm.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Shoot the snot out of it!
    NRA & GOA - Join the fight!