Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LE Issue 300BLK

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

LE Issue 300BLK

Anyone here issued 300BLK?

Ran into a sheriff deputy at the range today. He had an issued 8" 300BLK upper on a Colt MG lower (not sure if it was an M16 or M4). It was equipped with a Trijicon MRO and Geissele MLOK rail. He didn't seem too keen on chatting, so I didn't ask many questions.

I was surprised to say the least.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Anyone here issued 300BLK?

Ran into a sheriff deputy at the range today. He had an issued 8" 300BLK upper on a Colt MG lower (not sure if it was an M16 or M4). It was equipped with a Trijicon MRO and Geissele MLOK rail. He didn't seem too keen on chatting, so I didn't ask many questions.

I was surprised to say the least.

What makes you think it was issued equipment?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What makes you think it was issued equipment?
    I explicitly asked, and he confirmed.

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I explicitly asked, and he confirmed.

I should have been more clear, did you ask him if he was issued the 300blk and ammunition? Not just, "is it issued". It isn't uncommon for LE to get issued a weapon, but be allowed to modify it as their own expense. That gives them a full auto lower for personal use (any firearm use can be considered training). He can slap on a shorty, or whatever else he wants, the department just has to be able to turn it back it to the feds if ordered to do so by the feds.

To get back to your original question, the only "issued" 300BLK I'm aware of is Barnes.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I should have been more clear, did you ask him if he was issued the 300blk and ammunition? Not just, "is it issued". It isn't uncommon for LE to get issued a weapon, but be allowed to modify it as their own expense. That gives them a full auto lower for personal use (any firearm use can be considered training). He can slap on a shorty, or whatever else he wants, the department just has to be able to turn it back it to the feds if ordered to do so by the feds.

To get back to your original question, the only "issued" 300BLK I'm aware of is Barnes.
    I asked if it was his personal upper. He stated that it was issued, and I left it at that.

Feedback Score
    It certainly isn't conclusive but I have seen 300 BLK brass in the brass bin at the local LE range. That said I have also seen .30-30. It wouldn't surprise me to have some issued .300 BLKs around the country.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I asked if it was his personal upper. He stated that it was issued, and I left it at that.

Excellent, I would guess they are using Barnes 110 grain. It is a beast, and performs well, though it hints at deeper penetration than some might like.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We have some. The Barnes ammo Stickman referenced is one type of ammo they use.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Prince View Post
    We have some. The Barnes ammo Stickman referenced is one type of ammo they use.
    Have you guys "engaged" anything with it yet? Everything I've heard and personally done has been exceedingly satisfactory.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not yet. The swat team is about three months into implementation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast