Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: USMC Chooses Gen M3 PMAG

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

USMC Chooses Gen M3 PMAG

It's been a long road and a LOT of government testing of commercial mags and USGI variants for reliability and durability, but the USMC announced via message today that it is going with the PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3 Window in both black and MCT (medium coyote tan) as their authorized magazines of choice. USGI EPM will be authorized for training use only.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/12/19...-pmag-for-m27/
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very cool! Congrats to your team, that's a lot of hard work.

As a former 03 yourself, Duane, you must be a proud pappa.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Congratulations, Magpul! Can't wait to get some MCT M3s - I'll be ready to take them to war if I can get out from under the pile of paperwork that keeps showing up on my desk!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Very cool! Congrats to your team, that's a lot of hard work.

As a former 03 yourself, Duane, you must be a proud pappa.
    I am indeed. I had a personal interest in making sure the USMC has the right magazines. My newly minted 0341 son had actually never used a USGI magazine in his life until boot camp. He wrote home and asked, "what's up with these things?" :-) He'll be happy to get his PMAGs back!
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Awesome Duane, congrats. Now hopefully the Army gets on board. I actually keep looking at my collection of random mags that are loaded up in excitement for consolidating them all for MCT M3s. They're the only polymer mags I've tried that drop free in my Noveske that is otherwise perfect, so I'm looking forward to buying about 20 right away.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's great news. I'm sure my son will also put them to good use.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I've always hated using aluminum magazines. Every single malfunction I've dealth in shooting the M4/M16 were due to worn-out feedlips.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    I am indeed. I had a personal interest in making sure the USMC has the right magazines. My newly minted 0341 son had actually never used a USGI magazine in his life until boot camp. He wrote home and asked, "what's up with these things?" :-) He'll be happy to get his PMAGs back!
    Wow, proud papa indeed! My very best wishes to you and especially your son. I know he will bring honor to both himself and the Corps.

May his baseplate always be light, and his canteens full.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    And as usual I continue to wish I could buy copious volumes of magpul stock

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast