Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LWRCI C.S.A.S.S. & REPR MKII

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    After spending some time on the LWRCI Forum, I have learned that only the first 500 billet lower rifles will use the C.S.A.S.S. designation. The forged lower rifles released in March will be called the REPR MKII and will replace the current REPR models. The first reports were that the older model REPR would continue on. That's not the case. I'm doing very well on getting my money stacked up to buy one of these. Looking forward to getting one and seeing what it can do.

SamM
    Last edited by SamM; 01-01-17 at 15:25.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    After spending some time on the LWRCI Forum, I have learned that only the first 500 billet lower rifles will use the C.S.A.S.S. designation. The forged lower rifles released in March will be called the REPR MKII and will replace the current REPR models. The first reports were that the older model REPR would continue on. That's not the case. I'm doing very well on getting my money stacked up to buy one of these. Looking forward to get one and seeing what it can do.

SamM
    That's unfortunate, as the Izzy FAL-style charging handle was one of the guns biggest draws for me.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It figures LWRCI would be retarded enough to make a 12.7" 308 barrel. I wonder if those imbeciles have figured out how to make a semi auto .308 work semi automatically yet. I can't believe these cock roaches are still in business.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Posted by: markm
    It figures LWRCI would be retarded enough to make a 12.7" 308 barrel. I wonder if those imbeciles have figured out how to make a semi auto .308 work semi automatically yet. I can't believe these cock roaches are still in business.
    Hi Mark,
    Why are they cock roaches? Is it because they fired Paul? Please explain!

SamM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    Hi Mark,
    Why are they cock roaches? Is it because they fired Paul? Please explain!

SamM
    Ignore him. He gets a bad herpes flare-up whenever someone mentions LWRCI. It will go away when he realizes that imbeciles at LMT, FN, Noveske, and a bunch of other reputable companies make 12-13" .308 barrels for very limited applications.
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-01-17 at 17:27.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I disagree with your assertion that 12" guns are retarded and I'm pretty sure the full time, west coast swat team using 12" McMillan bolt guns would disagree as well. They're not the only ones either. There are reputable long range instructors who've taken 12" (8 twist) Surgeon bolt guns out to a mile with more than just lucky hits here and there on E types. This applies to a few gas guns too. If they were that useless, large manufacturers like ATK would not even bother with developing an optimized SBR 308 load for 12" - 16" guns. I'm not implying a 12" 308 would be my first choice for shots past 1K, but I think you'd be surprised what they can do at that distance and what they can do terminally from 0-300.

If you run antiquated ammo designed for a 24" test barrel out of a 12" gun, it's going to suck. If you run loads specifically designed for short barrels, there's a lot that can be done. There are 155 gr loads safely pushing 2,630 fps from 13" gas guns within SAAMI MAP. That's roughly the same velocity folks usually get from 16" guns with identical projectile weights. Welcome to 2017.

Tspeis
    Last edited by Tspeis; 01-01-17 at 22:11.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Posted by: Sensei
    Ignore him. He gets a bad herpes flare-up whenever someone mentions LWRCI. It will go away when he realizes that imbeciles at LMT, FN, Noveske, and a bunch of other reputable companies make 12-13" .308 barrels for very limited applications.
    Several years ago, I posted a thread about my LWRCI M6IC. It basically turned into a... why would anybody buy that crap thread! It was derailed so badly by LWRCI haters, that I just quit posting in it. I did update it a few times. My rifle was flawless. No failures of any kind.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I disagree with your assertion that 12" guns are retarded and I'm pretty sure the full time, west coast swat team using 12" McMillan bolt guns would disagree as well. They're not the only ones either. There are reputable long range instructors who've taken 12" (8 twist) Surgeon bolt guns out to a mile with more than just lucky hits here and there on E types. This applies to a few gas guns too. If they were that useless, large manufacturers like ATK would not even bother with developing an optimized SBR 308 load for 12" - 16" guns. I'm not implying a 12" 308 would be my first choice for shots past 1K, but I think you'd be surprised what they can do at that distance and what they can do terminally from 0-300.

If you run antiquated ammo designed for a 24" test barrel out of a 12" gun, it's going to suck. If you run loads specifically designed for short barrels, there's a lot that can be done. There are 155 gr loads safely pushing 2,630 fps from 13" gas guns within SAAMI MAP. That's roughly the same velocity folks usually get from 16" guns with identical projectile weights. Welcome to 2017.
    I see the use for a 12" barrel but, as you stated it wouldn't be my first choice. For specialized units, I can see the need. Which is probably why LWRCI will offer it. My thoughts on acquiring the 16" REPR MKII rifle, was to have a lighter precision rifle to replace my just purchased 12lb Steyr SSG 04. Something that can also be used to hunt with. Seven to eight pound boltguns are a normal choice for hunting rifles. I'm just looking for a more useable platform and not just having rifle after rifle stacked up in my safe.

SamM

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    is the first 500 CSASS designation an exclusive to a distributor or just random...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There should be several different suppliers. The first 500 with billet lowers are custom TALO rifles and will only come in Tungsten and FDE. I know that Davidson's will have them. There should be other sources as well. Modern Outfitters will definitely have them. Modern Outfitters would probably customize it to whatever a customer wanted.

SamM

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bring out the dead... lol

Any update on this? I was thinking up rebarreling my early side charging REPR but only if it runs 175gr FGMM at least 3/4 moa. It's my favorite rifle to shoot, but I would like better accuracy out of it.
    Just curious how the new repr shoots

Scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast