Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LWRCI C.S.A.S.S. & REPR MKII

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

LWRCI C.S.A.S.S. & REPR MKII

LWRCI is releasing a Limited Edition (500) C.S.A.S.S. with a billet receiver January 2017. The rifle comes in Tactical Grey and FDE. The updated REPR MKII is being released in March 2017. These rifles are a little pricey but I am seriously considering thinning the herd down for one of the later forged receiver REPR MKII rifles. World Of Firepower did a nice article on the C.S.A.S.S. in the Nov/Dec issue. The Magpul Gen 2 UBR stock, a lighter rail, sub M.O.A. accuracy and Geissele SSA-E trigger are all great features. See the complete list of specs below. The weight is not bad at 8.75lbs. This could be a nice combination hunting/precision/battlerifle. I looked at a .308W POF to fill the one rifle role but I like the LWRCI rifles and have owned a couple in the past. It seem that many here do not like them but I like the piston rifles. Mine have run flawlessly. The black model MKII would be my choice. Several different optics for hunting and precision shooting in LaRue QD mounts would be a very nice setup to have. Simple and easy to handle on the farm. It would be a great platform for my SilencerCo Omega. I just bought a set of Magpul M-Lock QD sling mounts and a 5/8-24 SilencerCo muzzlebrake. These would be perfect on this rifle. I also have a few sets of LWRCI rail sections that would work on it.

I checked with my LGS and we are going to be moving forward on a sale in the next few months. A few of my rifles are now up for sale.

SamM

Specifications:
    REPR MKII SPECS
    CALIBER: 7.62 x 51mm NATO
    BARREL LENGTH: 12.7”, 16.1", 20”
    WEIGHT: 8.75 lbs (3.97kg)
    MUZZLE THREADS: 5/8 x 24 TPI
    RIFLING: 1/10" RH

+ Forged lower receiver
    + LWRCI™ Monoforge™ Upper Receiver is stronger and lighter — increased rigidity = improved accuracy
    + Avalible in standard colors: Black, ODG, Patriot Brown, and Tungsten Cerakote (new color for 2017)
    + 20 position gas block for maximum tuning of attachments and ammo
    + Geissele SSA-E trigger
    + Magpul UBR stock
    + LWRCI™ Patented Short Stroke Gas Piston system for unparalleled reliability
    + Top Side Ambidextrous Charging handle same length as standard AR 10
    + LWRCI™ Cold-Hammer-Forged, NiCorr-treated, Spiral-Fluted Barrel
    + LWRCI™ 12.5" Modular Rail System. Removable top-rail with 100% return to zero, no tool re-installation. Allows for quick access to piston system
    + Fully Ambidextrous Lower Controls: Mag Release, Bolt Catch & Release, and Selector
    + Upper and Lower receivers machined from billet aluminum delivering rugged durability and lighter weight
    + LWRCI™ Skirmish Back Up Iron Sights | Surefire® SFMB suppressor adapter
    + Sub M.O.A. accuracy

Attachment 42974

Attachment 43018

Attachment 43019

Attachment 43020
    Last edited by SamM; 01-01-17 at 12:06.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Feedback Score
    I have one on the early REPRs that required the magazine release fix to work with PMAGs. Outside of that initial hiccup, it has been a reliable, solid 1 MOA shooter with Federal 175 grain GMM and 168 grain TAP AMAX. I have about 1000 rounds down the pipe with about 25% suppressed with a Surefire 762RC2 - not one issue.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    This was taken from RECOIL magazine.

http://stwww.recoilweb.com/wp-conten...02-670x447.jpg

While you’re probably familiar with the LWRC REPR, you may or may not recall reading about another 7.62N option they were cooking up: The CSASS. It stands for Compact Semi-Auto Sniper System, and there’s little doubt it was first created to accommodate an Army RFP (Request For Proposal) bearing the same appellation. Most products (at least ones you’d want to buy) go through several iterations before hitting market, but LWRC featured the full production form of the CSASS this year at SOFIC. You’d be incorrect to assume this is a REPR variation–it’s more like the LWRC IC, but juiced up and chocked full of steroids. Think of it like a fighting carbine that can do double duty as a precision rifle rather than the reverse. Notably absent is the side-mounted charging handle, instead opting for a more traditional AR approach.

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/...C_CSASS003.jpg

The CSASS features:
    *Helical fluted NiCorr treated match barrel
    *Hard anodized streamlined billet receivers
    *20-position adjustable gas regulator
    *Lightened free floating forend
    *SR-25 magazine compatible
    *Enlarged trigger guard
    *MagPul pistol grip
    *Enhanced trigger and takedown pins
    *Geissele SSA-E Trigger
    *True ambidextrous controls (magazine release, bolt catch, charging handle, selector)

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/...C_CSASS001.jpg

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/...C_CSASS005.jpg

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/...C_CSASS006.jpg

Of course, it has the piston operation system that LWRC is known for. Oh, it’s also about a pound and a half lighter than the REPR and guaranteed sub-MOA with appropriate ammunition. Officially hitting the market in mid-July, there will be two models available. One will feature a 16.1″ barrel equipped with a B5 SOPMOD and it’s bigger brother sports a 20″ barrel (for those that wish to get a little more ass from the 7.62N) and a MagPul PRS stock. Final pricing is still TBD but anticipate a starting MSRP of ~$4,000 depending on the barrel length and coloration.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/lwrcs-csass...#ixzz4U04670hH
    Last edited by SamM; 12-27-16 at 00:27.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've always been intrigued by LWRCI rifles, particularly the REPR.
    Interesting that they seem to have ditched the side charger and went back to the standard charging handle.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I've always been intrigued by LWRCI rifles, particularly the REPR.
    Interesting that they seem to have ditched the side charger and went back to the standard charging handle.
    The latest contract trials for the Army dictated a charging handle. Would guess that was the main reason for change
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My new Steyr SSG 04 was sold this morning. I will definitely be buying one of these. There are a few other rifles that I'll probably sell as well. The C.S.A.S.S. will fill a triple role for me as a hunting, precision & battlerifle. It won't be as accurate as the SSG would have been but compromises and trade offs are to be expected. I like the concept. A Leupold Mark 6 would be the perfect optic for this rifle.

SamM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    My new Steyr SSG 04 was sold this morning. I will definitely be buying one of these. There are a few other rifles that I'll probably sell as well. The C.S.A.S.S. will fill a triple role for me as a hunting, precision & battlerifle. It won't be as accurate as the SSG would have been but compromises and trade offs are to be expected. I like the concept. A Leupold Mark 6 would be the perfect optic for this rifle.

SamM
    If you are looking at a 1-6X in the $2100 price range, be sure to check out the Kahles K16i 1-6X24 with S1 reticle...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm actually looking at the 3-18x Mark 6.

SamM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    I'm actually looking at the 3-18x Mark 6.

SamM
    That makes a lot more sense. I wondered for a second which Mark6 you were referring to, and then assumed you meant the 1-6X when you mention it fulfilling a battle rifle role; the purest in me thinks that a battle rifle needs a 1X capability. I almost pointed out the MK8 1-8X, but figured cost might be prohibitive.

I bought my REPR in late 2009 (hard to believe) and went with the NF NXS 3.5-15X F1. I think that you are definitely headed in the right direction going with a F1 in that general magnification range. Congrats, it will be a great set up.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks Sensei, I really believe this is the way to go. The specs on the NightForce 4-16x ATACR with the TReMoR 3 reticle has me considered it too. Honestly, a 1-4x thru 1-8x will probably be in the works as well. I like those and having options is good. A thermal unit would be next on my list.

Selling all my Steyr rifles will leave me without a 5.56 carbine. Now, I'm wanting to get the LWRCI M6IC-Enhanced. Several years ago, I actually bought the first black civilian M6IC from Modern Outfitters. A buddy has it now. I like the Enhanced rifle more. Not sure that I need a 5.56 though.

SamM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast