Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impact Weapons Components Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How tight does it have to be to be wobble-free? Really torque it down, or will *barely tight* make it shift-free, and then you just need appropriate torque to keep screws in place due to vibration?
    That's a good question, unfortunately my answer is fairly subjective. You just want to tighten it down until resistance is met, do not over tighten. I wish I had numbers to give.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    That's a good question, unfortunately my answer is fairly subjective. You just want to tighten it down until resistance is met, do not over tighten. I wish I had numbers to give.
    The screw sizes and materials (6061 IIIa) involved cause me to think around 15 in-lb would be proper torque. My point in asking was...is this thing solid? Or is it prone to swiveling/sliding/rattling/etc. unless you really gorilla it down? have you shot yours loose yet? If so, how long did it take, and if not, how hard have you tried? Don't get me wrong, it looks REALLY GOOD, I am just wondering if it's as solid and sexy in real-world practice as one might hope. I am also presuming that it leaves a slight gap on either side of the mount when tightened, like rings on a scope body? I hope it does, or it won't work too well...

Also, does it in any way contact the barrel proper, underneath, or is it SOLELY touching the hanger?
    Last edited by WS6; 01-10-17 at 07:34.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    The screw sizes and materials (6061 IIIa) involved cause me to think around 15 in-lb would be proper torque. My point in asking was...is this thing solid? Or is it prone to swiveling/sliding/rattling/etc. unless you really gorilla it down? have you shot yours loose yet? If so, how long did it take, and if not, how hard have you tried? Don't get me wrong, it looks REALLY GOOD, I am just wondering if it's as solid and sexy in real-world practice as one might hope. I am also presuming that it leaves a slight gap on either side of the mount when tightened, like rings on a scope body? I hope it does, or it won't work too well...

Also, does it in any way contact the barrel proper, underneath, or is it SOLELY touching the hanger?
    I have three of these, two are the finished product and one is the 3D printed model from the early stages. All have been shot with 2 3/4 Remington 00LE and Noblesport 00LE. I have in no way been able to shoot them loose. Part of my testing included trying to beat the hell out of it, pull the slings out, etc. Nothing is loose. There may be a slight gap on either side.

It does not touch the barrel at all. It solely touches the hanger.

Feedback Score
    I received mine last week and finally got it all put together. Over the years I've had all the different Benelli M4 light mounts and this one is right up there neck and neck with the AVA Mod 1. Great to see now two excellent weaponlight mounting options. My setup consists of a SF M600U w/ IWC Scout body, UE tailcap, and SR07 pressure switch, mounted to the new IWC Scout mount. The SR07 wire routes through the SF M80 handguard and beneath several LaRue rail covers. The pics pretty much explain the rest. In my opinion, this is a clean setup for those, like me, that do not like to activate their Scout using their weakside thumb and prefer a pressure tape switch. I have found in the past that when under stress I have had a hard time effectively operating the Scout w/ my weakside thumb while rapidly shooting and maneuvering with a shotgun. With this setup I never need to shift or break grip. Also, as a stubborn righthander, I prefer my weaponlights on the right side as it lets me more effectively use cover while not blocking the weaponlight's line of sight to the target.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Nice review calviroman!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Any other M4 users here running this mount?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very nice reviews, thank you gents. I recommended this to a friend who has an M4. How I wish IWC made a M2 version...

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have this mount, and have nothing but glowing things to say, but my M1014 project got side-lined somewhat indefinitely (for 6+mo) as I am pursuing something else.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I picked up the finished mount the other day, it's a gorgeous little piece. After many hundreds of rounds with this mount on my M4, I have not experienced any issues or loosening. It's really been a quality mount.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123