Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impact Weapons Components Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Impact Weapons Components Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount

(Full Disclosure: I have been a prototype tester for this product and my Benelli M4 was one of the weapons used to design this product. I did not pay for this product, but I have not been compensated for this review.)

The Benelli M4 is generally regarded as the finest combat shotgun to date, and the United States Marine Corps agrees with that statement. However, one if it's few flaws is the inability to accept QD sling mounts and lights. As we all know by now, any fighting long gun should be equipped with a bright light. A few companies have made light/sling mounts for the Benelli M4 (AVA, GGG, BLAM), but the Impact Weapons Components Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount is truly in a league of it's own.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...4-mount-scout/

The mount is a two-piece design, or three if using the 1913 section of rail. It's CNC machined from Billet 6061-T6 Aluminum and will be Black Type III Mil-Spec Anodized. The mount is the lightest on the market, weighing in at 1.27oz.

The mount is extremely easy to install. With the barrel removed from the gun, simply align the top piece in the Snap Ring Groove on the Barrel Hanger Lug, place the bottom piece on, and tighten the screws, ensuring proper alignment before completely tightening screws. (Note, ensure that the beveled edge of each piece is facing towards the front sight.)

Reassemble the shotgun, function check, and you now have a light and sling mount. Regarding the sling mount, there are QD cups on either side of the mount featuring AMBI Rotation Limited QD Sling Mounts.

As this is a "Multi" light mount, it does in fact accept numerous types of lights. Much like the sling mounts, the light mounts are ambi as well. The mount will accept Surefire M300/M600 Scout, Streamlight Rail Mount 1/2 Weaponlights and Backbone Replacement M300/M600 Scout Bodies and other Replacement M300/M600 compatible Scout Bodies. If using a rail mounted light such as an X300 or WML, the optional 1913 Pic rail can be attached. The 1913 pic rail features attachment points for IWC's Light Mounting Rings, which allows numerous lights such as Surefire G2/6P, VTAC Mini, Fenix TK10, etc.

When purchasing the mount, it will be offered with the base scout mount. For an additional charge, the rail piece (which works with any existing IWC ring mount) and any ring mount will be offered as well.

Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-22-16 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I easily and successfully mounted all of the weapon lights that I own onto the IWC Benelli Multi Light Mount. They are: Surefire X300, Insight HSP WML, Surefire 6P in IWC 1" Ring, Elzetta Mini-CQB, and Surefire M300 Scout.

Of these lights, there are three unique mounting methods: Ring Mount, 1913 Rail Attachment, and Scout Light attachment.

All lights, despite the different attachment methods, mounted securely.

Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-22-16 at 03:38.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    The angle of the light mount brings the light of choice very close in to the weapon without ever touching the barrel.

If you own/use a Benelli M4/M1014, then you know the struggles of finding a quality light and sling mount. I suggest that you give the Impact Weapons Components Multi Light Benelli Mount great consideration when attempting to remedy the lack of a light on a fighting gun. With it's extreme light weight, ambi design, ability to accept NUMEROUS lights, and low profile, there is little to no downside to owning this mount. Plus, it's American Made!
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-22-16 at 03:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    If you own/use a Benelli M4/M1014, then you know the struggles of finding a quality light and sling mount.
    Only if you haven't looked for 3 years. There is and has been a great solution on the market.

This looks like an interesting a mounting method that is not dissimilar from the AVA solution, in fact it uses the barrel hanger to mount to - just like the AVA mount. The facilities for a scout are nice, but I would only consider this if I was only going to use a scout. I prefer the sleek looks of the AVA over this as well as the lower profile - no protruding sling connectors, for example. So I would probably opt for the AVA in any event.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Looks great. Wonder if they'll have something similar for the Beretta 1301.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
    Only if you haven't looked for 3 years. There is and has been a great solution on the market.

This looks like an interesting a mounting method that is not dissimilar from the AVA solution, in fact it uses the barrel hanger to mount to - just like the AVA mount. The facilities for a scout are nice, but I would only consider this if I was only going to use a scout. I prefer the sleek looks of the AVA over this as well as the lower profile - no protruding sling connectors, for example. So I would probably opt for the AVA in any event.
    So, did you simply stop reading at that line or did you miss this altogether?

The Benelli M4 is generally regarded as the finest combat shotgun to date, and the United States Marine Corps agrees with that statement. However, one if it's few flaws is the inability to accept QD sling mounts and lights. As we all know by now, any fighting long gun should be equipped with a bright light. A few companies have made light/sling mounts for the Benelli M4 (AVA, GGG, BLAM), but the Impact Weapons Components Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount is truly in a league of it's own.
    The AVA is not only heavier, but also more expensive, and does not offer ambi QD sling mounts. While they both use the barrel hanger, they do not mount the same at all. The AVA is a nice mount and I am happy for you that you have found something that works. It's highly suspect that you joined M4C to make this one post.

This review is not a denigration of the AVA mount, mainly because I think the AVA mount is pretty slick. They are simply different mounts with features that are both similar and different.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 01-05-17 at 01:04.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator81 View Post
    Looks great. Wonder if they'll have something similar for the Beretta 1301.
    Maybe. These shotguns are such a niche market, so we'll see.

Feedback Score
    So, did you simply stop reading at that line or did you miss this altogether?

The AVA is not only heavier, but also more expensive, and does not offer ambi QD sling mounts. While they both use the barrel hanger, they do not mount the same at all. The AVA is a nice mount and I am happy for you that you have found something that works. It's highly suspect that you joined M4C to make this one post.

This review is not a denigration of the AVA mount, mainly because I think the AVA mount is pretty slick. They are simply different mounts with features that are both similar and different.
    The OP seemingly implies there had not been a "GOOD" solution prior to the IWC. I disagree with that, and I think it's knowingly misleading. The IWC product is a nice addition to our options, but AVA brought the first viable, robust solution to the M4 almost 3 years ago. The IWC follows that lead.

"Impact Weapons Components Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount is truly in a league of it's own."

I don't know how one can stand behind that statement.

Again I am glad to have the IWC as an option, but the solution joins a similar offering and while different does not outclass it. I think it's going to come down to goals and preferences.

As far as cost - if you wish to mount a handheld like such as a P2x - your IWC costs are going to be more than the AVA to do the same. Additionally, a QD for the other side of the AVA is available as an option for anyone that wants one.

Me joining? I joined because I have been a AVA customer, bought the first one the week they were announced and I think this post will tend to mislead those in the market. It's funny that you say that about me joining to say something about this, I am not sure why that is material to any of the claims. Second, I see you joined the Benelli forums to do do exactly the same. Good for thee, not good for me.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
    The OP seemingly implies there had not been a "GOOD" solution prior to the IWC. I disagree with that, and I think it's knowingly misleading. The IWC product is a nice addition to our options, but AVA brought the first viable, robust solution to the M4 almost 3 years ago. The IWC follows that lead.

"Impact Weapons Components Benelli M4 Multi Light Mount is truly in a league of it's own."

I don't know how one can stand behind that statement.

Again I am glad to have the IWC as an option, but the solution joins a similar offering and while different does not outclass it. I think it's going to come down to goals and preferences.

As far as cost - if you wish to mount a handheld like such as a P2x - your IWC costs are going to be more than the AVA to do the same. Additionally, a QD for the other side of the AVA is available as an option for anyone that wants one.

Me joining? I joined because I have been a AVA customer, bought the first one the week they were announced and I think this post will tend to mislead those in the market. It's funny that you say that about me joining to say something about this, I am not sure why that is material to any of the claims. Second, I see you joined the Benelli forums to do do exactly the same. Good for thee, not good for me.
    Dude shut up, nobody cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Hahaha always a soap opera ! OP I assume no issues if your a lefty like me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast