Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    "Do all" is very appropriate.

Extremely nice build.

-Rainman
    Thank you guys. I appreciate it.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Sweet! I am working on a similar build. Can't decide between a 12.5" barrel with the 11.5" rail or cut the barrel down to 11.5" and use the 10.75" rail. I'll either be using a Khales k16i SM2 or an Aimpoint t2 and snag one of their long eye relief magnifiers when the release.

I am not sure, but I think only Magpul offset scout mounts will work with the Hodge rail. WS6 tested out some others and said they didn't fit (KAC and Arisaka included). We talked about it in my Hodge gas-block thread but I have yet to verify.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Sweet! I am working on a similar build. Can't decide between a 12.5" barrel with the 11.5" rail or cut the barrel down to 11.5" and use the 10.75" rail. I'll either be using a Khales k16i SM2 or an Aimpoint t2 and snag one of their long eye relief magnifiers when the release.

I am not sure, but I think only Magpul offset scout mounts will work with the Hodge rail. WS6 tested out some others and said they didn't fit (KAC and Arisaka included). We talked about it in my Hodge gas-block thread but I have yet to verify.
    Good to know. Thanks! I was going to toss on a set of the new clamp on KAC offsets like I put on my SR25, but already had the rear micro. But still might go the offset route.

I beat myself up all the time going to cut down barrels. Almost all my builds get cut down car barrels now. But the Centurion 12.5 has an acceptable size from the get go. They are night and day over the 12.5 BCM barrels. Have had a few and still have one kino build. Debated cutting this Centurion barrel down to 11.5 but with the many 11.5s I have already. It would just be redundant.

The one thing I really do like with the hodge upper is the anti rotation pin in the rail/upper. Even without the pin, or wedge, or set screws, when mocking it up, the rail is still very tight on the barrel nut and have to use force to just get it on. The tolerances are very tight/ spot on. The upper is very tight also. Had to put my barrel in the deep freezer and heat up the upper. And still had to tap the barrel in. Thing isn't going anywhere. Ever!

I also debated that Khales but went with the MK6 this time. Have had some time behind the MK6 but never purchased one for myself. I never liked the flicker effect but it never effected my actual shooting. Another Razor, or a M5Xi was on the list too. Couldn't pony up the cash for the M5Xi when I have no time behind the LPV variant. The 3-15 M5Xi on my Knight APC is excellent, and I'm sure the 1-5 would be the same. I'll save it for another build in 2017. Or if NF came out with a 1-8/10 that isn't CQBSS money, that would get my attention.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 12-23-16 at 08:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Thank you. It was a fun build. This Wedgelock is climbing up there with my URX3.1's, Geissele MK1, and URX4 Mlok's as one of my favorite rails.
    Can you give the pros/cons of each of these rails?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    Can you give the pros/cons of each of these rails?
    Every rail has its pros and cons, but what specifically are looking for? Pros for me might be cons for others and vice versa.. If you know what I mean.. I think the weight of the MK1 is a non issue. Maybe you think its a deal breaker. Specific applications for specific rails.

Feedback Score
    I have used various rails before settling on the MK1 as my favorite. Next time I was thinking of an mk4 or urx3 but the hodge looks impressive

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    I have used various rails before settling on the MK1 as my favorite. Next time I was thinking of an mk4 or urx3 but the hodge looks impressive
    Ill tell you why I like the Geissele MK1..

I like the Geissele rails for the design, construction, ergonomics of the MK1. Fits my hand perfectly. Not too wide and not too skinny. You could use it as a club/hammer and it wouldn't phase it. It has a large mounting surface on the barrel nut (huge plus), anti rotation set screws, machined perfectly, 10 inches long, minimal deflection/movement for mounting a laser, etc. Only con, is lack of direct mounting options and maybe the weight (not a con for me). The Geissele scout mount on the 45 eliminates this issue, but for anything else you are mounting a pic rail and attaching it that way. No direct mount hand stop or rail panels (if you even want that). But if you don't want to mount anything, you don't have to have anything on there either.

The MK4 was a little fat for my taste. The URX3.1 has the closet feel in hand to me as my mk1. I think I might even like it a little more as I mount the KAC panels with hand stop. Direct mount a Laser on the pic section, and use a gear sector scout mount that still allows enough clearance for the front sight and gets it up in that 45 slot.

I really like the integrated nut on the URX4, as I don't think the rail would ever shift or come loose as I have never seen a properly torqued barrel nut come loose from an impact of the rail. Ergonomics are great and plenty of options for Mlok mounting of accessories.

The Hodge is pretty skinny (Only complaint) as I prefer a little thicker rail, but it feels nothing like a KMR as far as material, construction, etc. Holding it, you can tell the thing is solid like the Geissele. The mounting system is awesome, especially with the anti rotation pin on the rail/upper. When I get some real time behind it, well see how I truly like it. So far, it seems like it is a very solid system.

Feedback Score

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast