Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aero BCG good to go?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    I bought a PSA Nickle Boron BCG about 2 weeks ago for $109 + FREE shipping. I know a lot of you here don't like PSA. I have shot almost 120 rounds through my AR with this BCG and have had no issues with it. I like the way it cleans up so easy.
    I would be very interested to follow up with you on this. Can you do me a favor, and keep a log of the number of rounds you shoot with that BCG?

Hydrogen embrittlement is often a very real issue with the nickel boron coated bolts. It would be interesting to get some verified numbers. The NP3-coated bolts and BCG do not have that issue.

A separate thread in the AR Technical Discussion subforum would be very useful. You could just drop the round count in that thread, after each range trip.

Thanks for your help, and have a Merry Christmas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I would be very interested to follow up with you on this. Can you do me a favor, and keep a log of the number of rounds you shoot with that BCG?

Hydrogen embrittlement is often a very real issue with the nickel boron coated bolts. It would be interesting to get some verified numbers. The NP3-coated bolts and BCG do not have that issue.

A separate thread in the AR Technical Discussion subforum would be very useful. You could just drop the round count in that thread, after each range trip.

Thanks for your help, and have a Merry Christmas.
    Yes, I wouldn't mind keeping count. I own a S&W Sport II and a Ruger AR-556. I have it in the Sport, and if it holds up and PSA keeps the sale going, I was going to buy another one.
    Merry Christmas.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I generally like Aero Precision and don't have any concerns of using their BCG. However, for the primary BCG as others have mentioned I would probably choose something like BCM.

I also don't buy spares for commonly available parts. Reason for this is simple - every 6-12 months companies come up with something better in terms of coatings or designs which I might want to try.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm OK with AP lowers for economy builds, but no way I'd pay any more than a toolcraft costs for anything other than LMT, DD, or BCM or Colt bcg. (Roughly in that order)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-556 View Post
    Yes, I wouldn't mind keeping count. I own a S&W Sport II and a Ruger AR-556. I have it in the Sport, and if it holds up and PSA keeps the sale going, I was going to buy another one.
    Merry Christmas.
    Thanks, please let us know the running count, please. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Id buy a toolcraft for 90ish over the aero. Not that i think anythings wrong with the aero, just the tool craft is known to be a good bcg and is 10 bucks cheaper. If your wanting an even cheaper spare bcg psa sells their premium line sometimes for around 80ish and ive had good luck out of the one in my ar pistol with about 2500 rounds through it. I plan on buying another as a spare. Aim bcgs get good reviews too in that same price range. I have a nitrided one for a 16" middy im currently building

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I would just go with a Centurion C4 for only a few bucks more. Absolute best bang for the buck IMO.
    Agree.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Op: The answer to your question is no. This would also apply to any other low tier bcg.

Go with a BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense, Sionics, or Centurian Arms. Do some reading around here and learn why.
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 12-26-16 at 08:13.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Go with a BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense, Sonics, or Centurian Arms. Do some reading around here and learn why.
    Are they as good as their cheeseburgers?

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    These are for primary. I built a few rifles over the last year when parts were stupid cheap, I do most of my AR shopping at the end of the year with all the sales. Seems like last year was great in sales but this year was limited unless you wanted a skeltonized grip, upper receiver, etc. All my lowers are BCM or DD. I have 1 aero upper reciever that I built my SBR off of. I do need 2 BCG, 1 for rifle and 1 as a back up. Well a bolt and a BCG is really all I need.

What's the opinion on the black nitride vs phosphate? I never jumped on that wagon with the fancy coatings until I had my bolt out of my bolt gun Black nitride and soon the other will be DLC coated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast