Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you learned about your shooting lately?

Feedback Score
    That I need to practice rifle more often...... I went shooting with a friend and my rifle groups at 25 yards look bothersomely like my pistol groups at 25 yards.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Wanted to bring this back as I thought there was some valuable input. One of the more recent things I realized was on the importance of breathing, something I've always kind of disregarded except when zeroing or shooting beyond 100m. I realized though that I have a bad habit of holding my breath during drills and think that may be why I get fatigued rather quickly. My rifle isn't really heavy and I'm in decent shape and I've caught myself doing it before so I think it makes sense. I'm trying to incorporate very forced breath cycles into dry fire now because my hands become unsteady way too fast.
    Last edited by Wake27; 11-25-17 at 12:35.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I am a beginner with less than two years experience. I found out the C-grip is better for quick followup shooting so I changed to it along with the stance change and moving the stock towards the center of my body. These changes made the sling uncomfortable so I modified the sling.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Recently had an opportunity to take my rifles to a small (25 yd) indoor rifle range.

That trip, I learned if I grab one in a home defense situation, it won't be the f*cking .308

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HAHAHAHA!!!

Why I'm still running an A2 birdcage.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I get a LOT more accomplished shooting by myself than I do with others unless it's an actual class.

I recently ran my standard maintenance COF that I do at 25 yards practicing multiple positions, reloads, shooting from non-traditional positions, etc...then decided to turn off my red dot and run it again running only through my lower 1/3 co-witnessed fixed sights. groups opened WAY up, took me almost 2x as long as well. need more irons practice in difficult positions

Lying on my side shooting off my left side/support side underneath a simulated vehicle... I realized how much of a struggle it was to reach the mag on my left hip (the one I'm lying on) when my trigger arm is the one I'm lying on... it was a cluster**** and I got up after the drill shaking my head at how horribly inefficiently I ran that drill. deadman laying there.

Feedback Score
    Going to need some optics soon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Aside from the fact that I suck...

I need to work carbine at close ranges. I’ve been doing the 100 yd and longer from supported positions. My ability to run a gun in close now sucks. I need to balance my range time FAAAAAR better.

Also, my arms strength has gone to poop since I’ve retired from playing soccer. 2 mags of low ready to target and my left bicep was sore.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I learned that I suck, and I mean S-U-C-K at shooting off hand, opposite side (Shooting left handed. I'm right handed). I can't even find the sights. I need a LOT of practice in this area.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    I get a LOT more accomplished shooting by myself than I do with others unless it's an actual class.

I recently ran my standard maintenance COF that I do at 25 yards practicing multiple positions, reloads, shooting from non-traditional positions, etc...then decided to turn off my red dot and run it again running only through my lower 1/3 co-witnessed fixed sights. groups opened WAY up, took me almost 2x as long as well. need more irons practice in difficult positions

Lying on my side shooting off my left side/support side underneath a simulated vehicle... I realized how much of a struggle it was to reach the mag on my left hip (the one I'm lying on) when my trigger arm is the one I'm lying on... it was a cluster**** and I got up after the drill shaking my head at how horribly inefficiently I ran that drill. deadman laying there.
    I find this to be true. Although I enjoy the social aspect of shooting with friends I find I need to be alone to get any real training done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post

I have always found the same to be true. I train by myself. I fun shoot with others.

Your not dead if you can get hits. At some point your equipment is not going to be optimally situated. Maybe think about a reload on the way down so you have a full mag to get it done.

You want to train like you are going to fight. If you don't wear a chest rig or war belt all the time, you need to practice without that gear.

I generally practice reloads from a back pocket because I HOPE if I need my rifle I'll have the wherewithall to pick up the spare mag I have staged with it. And, yes, I've practiced putting it into my pocket correctly.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast