Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you learned about your shooting lately?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After shooting for 40 years, I still feel I have a lot to learn about the skill. I still learn a bit about teaching from my students.

If you are ever 100% happy with your shooting performance, you aren't trying hard enough.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    USPSA practice: learned that I am leaving a lot on the table on close targets. Running an rmr. Problem is a combo of letting trigger control go to shit (i can greatly improve accuracy by adding .1s to the press) and poor grip so i had to re-aquire dot.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve decided to move back to a G19 gen 3 (temporarily, maybe) for carry and competition to re-evaluate objectively my recent choice to move to DA/SA. I’ve been shooting Berettas and Sigs exclusively for maybe a year now, maybe 10,000rnds. I’ve had the G19 for two or three weeks. About 600rnds in, focusing mainly on accuracy and fundamentals. Accuracy wise, I already shoot the G19 as well as a M9A1 on Dot Torture. I shoot it better than the PX4 compact that I’ve been carrying, again on Dot Torture. The G19 has Triji HD’s, otherwise stock. The Berettas have lighter hammer springs and red paint on the front sights.

Very interesting. I have not yet put the Glock on the timer or shot any matches. I anticipate being faster with the M9A1. I’ll probably stick with the hammer guns because putting a Glock in a IWB holster creeps me out. Maybe I’ll consider a striker gun with a safety; not sure yet. But its been an interesting and surprising experiment, thus far, so I’m keeping an open mind. The G19 is a very good gun, for sure.

RLTW
    Last edited by 1168; 07-06-18 at 16:35. Reason: Precision

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve decided to move back to a G19 gen 3 (temporarily, maybe) for carry and competition to re-evaluate objectively my recent choice to move to DA/SA. I’ve been shooting Berettas and Sigs exclusively for maybe a year now, maybe 10,000rnds. I’ve had the G19 for two or three weeks. About 600rnds in, focusing mainly on accuracy and fundamentals. Accuracy wise, I already shoot the G19 as well as a M9A1 on Dot Torture. I shoot it better than the PX4 compact that I’ve been carrying, again on Dot Torture. The G19 has Triji HD’s, otherwise stock. The Berettas have lighter hammer springs and red paint on the front sights.

Very interesting. I have not yet put the Glock on the timer or shot any matches. I anticipate being faster with the M9A1. I’ll probably stick with the hammer guns because putting a Glock in a IWB holster creeps me out. Maybe I’ll consider a striker gun with a safety; not sure yet. But its been an interesting and surprising experiment, thus far, so I’m keeping an open mind. The G19 is a very good gun, for sure.

RLTW
    You could always check out the Striker Control Device or the Gadget. I think it’s the same thing, just different names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You could always check out the Striker Control Device or the Gadget. I think it’s the same thing, just different names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, I am a big fan of the Gadget on a Glock. I'd have to open up the safe and count how many, but all of my Glocks have one.

Great work by Todd Green and Tom Jones creating that doodad and bringing it to market.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yeah, I would certainly get a Gadget if I were carrying a Glock permanently. I can’t believe it took so long for such a device to come to market.

I have a caveat for the Dot Torture notes from earlier. After my last post, I went to the range and pushed my Dot Torture targets out further. My scores were pretty disappointing. Not on par with a M9A1. About what I do with compact DA/SA guns. Maybe sight radius was coming into play. Perhaps I was just having a bad day; more research required. I’m going to continue working on fundamentals until I get about a 1,000 rounds in, then pull out the timer for the next 1,000. I have friends that do very strong work with G22/23/17/19 pistols. Maybe I just need to get my $£!¥ together and elevate my standards.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yeah, I would certainly get a Gadget if I were carrying a Glock permanently. I can’t believe it took so long for such a device to come to market.

I have a caveat for the Dot Torture notes from earlier. After my last post, I went to the range and pushed my Dot Torture targets out further. My scores were pretty disappointing. Not on par with a M9A1. About what I do with compact DA/SA guns. Maybe sight radius was coming into play. Perhaps I was just having a bad day; more research required. I’m going to continue working on fundamentals until I get about a 1,000 rounds in, then pull out the timer for the next 1,000. I have friends that do very strong work with G22/23/17/19 pistols. Maybe I just need to get my $£!¥ together and elevate my standards.
    One thing that helped me was to buy a ny trigger to train with in dry fire.

When i hit the range with the stock trigger, i blow through it (in a good way).
    I dont use it all the time, but to get through plateaus. When you can smash a NY trigger and not move the sights, a stock trigger should break clean with no sight movement without thought.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Realized how fun .22 rifles can be, especially at an indoor range. Buddies and I brought all our toys (Pistols, Rifles, Suppressors) the indoor range and finished out playing battleship with a single shot 22 with peep sights at 25 yards. More fun than the rest of the range trip as it refocused the fundamentals to make good hits.

Feedback Score
    After watching this video of Kurds vs. Turks https://www.funker530.com/gopro-clos...rs-ambush-sc1/
    I realize how important movement and cover are in self defense.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    After watching this video of Kurds vs. Turks https://www.funker530.com/gopro-clos...rs-ambush-sc1/
    I realize how important movement and cover are in self defense.
    Not at all what this thread is about, but those guys got ****ed up.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast