Thread: Central FLA Hog hunt?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Central FLA Hog hunt?

I will be in the central FLA area, Leesburg. If anyone has any info on hog hunting it will be greatly appreciated. Any other hunts or fishing info is also welcome.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    i might be interested, give more details like date and time. coming that way pretty soon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjxds View Post
    I will be in the central FLA area, Leesburg. If anyone has any info on hog hunting it will be greatly appreciated. Any other hunts or fishing info is also welcome.

Thanks
    I think I posted something similar some time ago. Have wanted to do a hog hunt since moving to FL last year. There's members here to do that, and various companies that do it, but just riding up to where some hogs are eating where they placed food to shoot them is of no real interest to me.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    but just riding up to where some hogs are eating where they placed food to shoot them is of no real interest to me.
    Yep, just ride up, hop out and blast you one.

Clearly have no idea about how hogs behave. One shot in a group and they'll go nocturnal for weeks and you'll never see them in daylight again.

They use the feeders to get the hogs to move during daylight and even then they are spooky and wise beyond belief.

Obviously they can be shot, but you'd better be doing your part (camo, quiet, still, etc.)

It's not still hunting (stalking) whitetail with a bow, but it's not at all a canned hunt in my experience.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Yep, just ride up, hop out and blast you one.

Clearly have no idea about how hogs behave. One shot in a group and they'll go nocturnal for weeks and you'll never see them in daylight again.

They use the feeders to get the hogs to move during daylight and even then they are spooky and wise beyond belief.

Obviously they can be shot, but you'd better be doing your part (camo, quiet, still, etc.)

It's not still hunting (stalking) whitetail with a bow, but it's not at all a canned hunt in my experience.
    The stuff that I have looked at was about as canned as it gets, right up to the buggy ride to the feeder to shoot one, never needing to leave the comfort of the elevated buggy. That type of thing does not interest me personally. Your mileage may vary. But not, not an expert on hog behavior but would be interested in a legit hunt. There's a hunting club I talked to a few guys about hog hunting and they had some areas they went to they hunted hogs.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The stuff that I have looked at was about as canned as it gets, right up to the buggy ride to the feeder to shoot one, never needing to leave the comfort of the elevated buggy. That type of thing does not interest me personally. Your mileage may vary. But not, not an expert on hog behavior but would be interested in a legit hunt. There's a hunting club I talked to a few guys about hog hunting and they had some areas they went to they hunted hogs.
    I understand what you mean by a canned hunt, that's killing not hunting. There is nothing wrong with it if you want to eat one, but I would much prefer a fair chase hunt.

The baiting for hunting and fences are controversial, ie with deer some states allow it and others do not. I think hogs are considered a problem in most areas so you can bait, run dogs, night hunt with thermal, lights... just kill the darn things however you want.

I personally do not have a problem with shooting them over feeders, but if you are able to walk or ride up on them and they don't spook, then they are darn near domesticated. If a couple hundred acres or less are fenced its pretty easy to push them where you want them. If its a couple thousand or square miles then its a different hunt.

Oh well, the search continues.