Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixing circuit training with ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Shorts, goodmornings may be a decent substitute for deadlift. Not sure if that makes it any easier on you or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Shorts, goodmornings may be a decent substitute for deadlift. Not sure if that makes it any easier on you or not.
    Sorry I didn't think of this. DUH!

Good mornings are the grip-free, lighterweight deadlift. Do these and you will train your whole posterior including glutes/hams.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    Scorp, you are so spot on. My job has me sitting the whole time. I can remedy that and will. On the deads, I ought to fill yall in. I don't have use of my left arm, so it makes training deadlifts very limited. I use a lifting hook on my wrist to hook to the bar, but I can't put near as much weight as I can pull because I'd rip my arm or wrist off if I did. Between that and compensating on the strong side, it's a bit of a struggle. I hate it actually. Makes it harder and I get frustrated cause I know what I use to be able to do. I'll figure it out though. Ain't dead yet.

Travis, I do need more time under that rack. We're suppose to be getting a whole new setup in there soon, all new power rack and stuff. I'm excited for it.

Thanks for the feedback yall.
    Put the bar on your back and do some weighted step ups and lunges. Those have the most glute activation and they wont require you to have a really solid grip. If you like that hinging movement you can do good morning with the bar on you back as well.
    Crossfit Level 1 Coach, Former Marine Officer, Current Police Officer

Owner of Tier Three Tactical

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You need this book. If you buy it for the back squat section alone, it would be worth it. It contains breakdowns of the most common strength lifts, including diagrams of musculo-skeletal motions and forces that can help you ensure that you are getting the most of strength exercises while avoiding injury. If you get the most out of every rep building strength, your balance and stability will improve.

IMHO, a good circuit routine mixed with just the right amount of strength training will give you the results you're looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/Starting-Stre...EPZNTS07NSA9SM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12