Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt 1911 Series 70 Blue

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    1911s fall just below AK's on my priority list of inspection before purchase. I'd buy from someone where an inspection period is provided.

That said in the last few years I've bought new O1911 O1918 O1970 with zero issues. I did turn down a face to face deal on an O1970 with off center spring plug cut.

Don't discount SA as well
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Don't discount SA as well
    Springfield Armory makes a good reliable 1911? Which models? Loaded, Mil Spec, Range Officer, etc?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Colt 1911 Series 70 Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    Springfield Armory makes a good reliable 1911? Which models? Loaded, Mil Spec, Range Officer, etc?
    All of them. The only models I've ever heard of having issues are a 9mm variant, the combat operator I believe. There's a thread info on here about them. I'd be surprised if they still have issues too. Never heard of a problem with a .45 model. Find whatever Colt or SA you want and go for it, they both make great 1911s and every decent American should have at least one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dump1567 View Post
    I think the current production Colts are some of the best Colt has ever produced (and I've heard this from other owners also). I've bought a few over the past few years, and all have run 100%. Even with hollow point. And if you do have any problems, it's under warranty.
    A few years ago they replaced the older machines with new CNCs. Big difference.

I've still seen a few make it through with very uneven dust covers (when viewed from the front) but all the ones I've had have been excellent.

Starting in late '11 I went on a berserk Colt spree and got about 13 of them. I didn't send back or have an issue with any.

I have a MIM aversion so I replaced the discos and sears though.

It is why I totally avoid nearly all-MIM pistols like SA (too many Brazilian parts too) and MIMber.
    Last edited by Falar; 12-27-16 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    Starting in late '11 I went on a berserk Colt spree and got about 13 of them.
    This makes me happy...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Local shop has a layaway program and a new manufacture 70 series blued and a stainless under the counter, this thread doesn't help. Hardest part is deciding which to get, or to get both.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    Local shop has a layaway program and a new manufacture 70 series blued and a stainless under the counter, this thread doesn't help. Hardest part is deciding which to get, or to get both.
    Getting both sounds good to me, but see my on-line name. That being said unless you have a problem with your pistols rusting get the blue one. Carbon steel runs smoother and blue has more character even with wear.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Getting both sounds good to me, but see my on-line name. That being said unless you have a problem with your pistols rusting get the blue one. Carbon steel runs smoother and blue has more character even with wear.
    I don't plan on doing any work to the slide or frame, has anyone melonited their 1911? Could it be done with the look of polished bluing on the sides and matte on the top of the slide?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I purchased the Colt O1970A1CS in Sep 2014 for 1,021.00 from Bud's w/ a credit card. Check or MO would have been a little under a thousand. I've seen them the past year or so for low to mid 800.00s. I find it to be ok but nothing special. Decent 800.00 gun I reckon. I'll take my 700.00 CZ1911 A1 over the Colt all day long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast