Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer, Gen 3 Glock 23

Feedback Score
    Balance on the outfit of the Micro Roni is right on the Glock's grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Retail is $399. When you register on the website www.yrsinc.com you get 10% off, so somehow it only cost me $329. This Glock 23 was my first CCW gun in 2008. I wanted to repurpose it since it wasn't getting any range time.

I ran it through 200 rounds today. If I hold the forend down, it has cycling issues but if I just let it rise as it should, there are no problems. I tried controlled fire, rapid fire, controlled pairs and two handed/strong handed shooting.

I was using Winchester White box which gave me erratic shots. I had no consistency with the ammo at 50 yards so I went back to a 25 yard zero with the red dot. I will try some higher quality ammunition, next range visit. My intention was to have more range with it.

The sight is a Primary Arms Advanced Micro dot on an American Defense mount (which is a quick release).

I just have a standard factory trigger, at the moment.

So far, I have been pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    No problems shooting left handed, but my Mag release was on the left. I assume that can be reversed if necessary.

The bolt handle equivalent I noticed has to be cautiously pulled in a downward motion as you put it back. Otherwise I notice the friction with the frame which leads to cycling issues.

I was able to ring the gong at 25, 50 and 75 yards rather easily, after sighting it at 25 yards for a zero.

Just as an experiment, I was able to fire as I titled the gun to the side, as if shooting from behind a barrier (both ways), sideways (gangster style as a joke but it worked), and I even held it upside down, pulled the trigger with my pinky and hit the plate.

I even put this in a novice's hands who doesn't know how to shoot a pistol at 25 yards, and he was able to hit the gong two times in a row.

So the more I use this, I notice advantages of improved hits from longer distances much more consistently. Ability to shoot at different angles. Ability to shoot with either dominant or non-dominant hands. I tried out my buddy's Glock MOS with an RMR and I was faster in mine even though I was shooting a 40 caliber weapon.

One caveat is how I'm supposed to clean this. I've put probably 500 rounds through it, right now. I don't want to have to disassemble it but it looks like I may have to since there is a lot of powder inside the hull of the frame, and along the vents of the Roni.

Lastly, I want to reemphasize that the bolt handle must be pulled downward and back, since the handle can cause undue friction on the Micro Roni frame.

It's very stable, and easy enough for a novice to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up the Roni brace kit two days ago, which includes thumb stops, a flashlight, flip up sights and a sling. I mounted a Romeo 4H sight on it. It is a bit easier to conceal in the vehicle than the carbines I own.

I use the Roni with a Glock 22. Federal 180g HST printed a few groups that were 2" wide x 6" high at 50 meters from a supported position. Some groups ran 3" wide x 5" high. Winchester 165g JFP Target ammunition was a bit more accurate. Inside 25 meters is where it really shines. Precise shots were much faster than with shooting the Glock 22 without the Roni brace.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Deleted. Duplicate Post.
    Last edited by T2C; 09-16-17 at 09:06. Reason: Duplicate Post
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I picked up the Roni brace kit two days ago, which includes thumb stops, a flashlight, flip up sights and a sling. I mounted a Romeo 4H sight on it. It is a bit easier to conceal in the vehicle than the carbines I own.

I use the Roni with a Glock 22. Federal 180g HST printed a few groups that were 2" wide x 6" high at 50 meters from a supported position. Some groups ran 3" wide x 5" high. Winchester 165g JFP Target ammunition was a bit more accurate. Inside 25 meters is where it really shines. Precise shots were much faster than with shooting the Glock 22 without the Roni brace.
    Try shooting out further. I have been able to hit targets out to 75 and 100 yards using 9 mm ammo.

Instagram: MuzzleblastMD

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Deleted. Duplicate Post.
    Last edited by T2C; 09-16-17 at 09:12. Reason: Duplicate Post
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Try shooting out further. I have been able to hit targets out to 75 and 100 yards using 9 mm ammo.

I've done some 100 yard shooting with handguns and was skeptical about the Roni until I purchased one. My ultimate goal is to establish a zero that will work from 5 yards to 100 yards. We'll see how it groups with defensive ammunition at 100 yards with both the Glock 17 and Glock 22.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I've done some 100 yard shooting with handguns and was skeptical about the Roni until I purchased one. My ultimate goal is to establish a zero that will work from 5 yards to 100 yards. We'll see how it groups with defensive ammunition at 100 yards with both the Glock 17 and Glock 22.
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/at...-zero.1655097/

I asked this question before. At what zero for a 9mm would you use?

Based upon a ballistic app, iSnipe, a 10 yard zero gave a 2.7" drop at 100 yards, 1.5" at 25 and 1.1" at 50 yards. In real world though, the ammuntion I shot, using a Glock 19 MOS, with a 6 MOA dot was not adequate to determine a precise group. I was getting a 6-8" spread. An appropriate correlation with a 1.5" drop at a hundred was not possible for me. My conclusion for my red dot was to zero at 25 yards and be happy with it.

I don't think I ever tried it with a Roni, using my Primary Arms 3 MOA red dot. I zeroed my Roni at 25 yards.

If you use a scope, I can see much better precision.

Zero at 25 yards, in theory gives a -0.6 inch drop at 50 yards, -3.5" at 75 and -8.9" at 100.

For whatever, you do, I did notice that any change of ammunition from one brand to another with the same grain weight or a change in Load from one grain weight to another changes the point of impact, when using a red dot.

It is with shooting these types of outfitted modifications that I noticed these type of changes with ammunition.

For those with fixed sights shooting at 7-10 yards, the discernible difference is minimal. However, it is much more noticeable at 20yards and beyond when I made that observation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast