Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer, Gen 3 Glock 23

Feedback Score

CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer, Gen 3 Glock 23

Well, it came in last week. Just assembled it this evening. It is designed to supposedly shoot faster and at a longer distance more accurately. The bottom of the frame opens and you just place the bolt adapter to the rear of the Glock. There are three rails which can accommodate BUIS, lights, red dot, laser, whatever.

I'll have to let you know how it does at the range.

The rear stabilizer is just like the Sig Arms stabilizer, which folds forward for ease of storage.

I acquired it from YRS, Inc who give a discount just for becoming a registered customer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have to admit ignorance, but what's the point? Is the barrel lengthened with an aftermarket barrel, or is it just an arm brace and foregrip "adaptor" for the stock pistol?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    I have to admit ignorance, but what's the point? Is the barrel lengthened with an aftermarket barrel, or is it just an arm brace and foregrip "adaptor" for the stock pistol?
    No problem.

This version is the latter. I suppose the arm brace is to help with control, increased distance. But I haven't tried it out to see what advantage if any the NFA version will give me. I'm going to zero the red dot for 50 yards and see how I do with it.

The NFA version has an actual stock that is supposed to help with more control, increased distance and faster rate of fire. It also has a magazine holder for a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks. I've seen them before but never could figure a use for my goals. Good luck and look forward to your thoughts.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    I was at SHOT Show back in 2010/2011 when I believe the original was released.

The booth rep explained that it was marketed toward security personnel in other countries that were restricted in how many or what type of guns they were allowed to have and it basically allowed the user to set up a semi-auto machine pistol/smg with only a pistol.

Having a shoulder stock for stability as well as being able to mount an RDS, sling, flashlight or laser while still using the same magazines as your pistol. IIRC the handguard portion was deliberately left large enough to fit a suppressor if available.

For the US market, I think it has some merit as a SHTF gun. Rather than having a separate "truck gun" like a Kel Tec Sub2k you could just leave the Roni in the vehicle or in your bag while still CCW'ing a Glock 19 and utilizing the same magazines. Also, if your vehicle gets broken in to, you wouldn't have the risk of someone stealing an actual firearm.

If things got really crazy (like LA riots crazy) you could snap the G19 in and have a lot more capability to hit at distance or at least PID targets with the right optic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So looking into this chassis, if a person orders the G19 version they can't use their 17 in it and vice versa?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BallJ View Post
    So looking into this chassis, if a person orders the G19 version they can't use their 17 in it and vice versa?
    They have model specific ones. So the spectrum of G19/23/32 and G17/22/31 are examples. They're not limited to Glock. They also have shells for Beretta, Sig Sauer, CZ, M&P, HK.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    CDR_Glock,

How's the length of pu... er, cheek weld on that thing? How does it balance?

Their website is mildly confusing as far as the Roni models line-up, but I assume this is the one mentioned in the OP, selling for--wait for it--$395 MSRP.

I like the idea of a T2 RDS and cheek weld on a non-gun shell that I could leave in my truck but I'm trying to figure out where I would want this over my burner ghetto-fab $500 11.5" 5.56mm AR pistol.
    Last edited by StrikeFace; 12-27-16 at 19:48.
    Instructions: Remain calm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikeFace View Post
    CDR_Glock,

How's the length of pu... er, cheek weld on that thing? How does it balance?

Their website is mildly confusing as far as the Roni models line-up, but I assume this is the one mentioned in the OP, selling for--wait for it--$395 MSRP.

I like the idea of a T2 RDS and cheek weld on a non-gun shell that I could leave in my truck but I'm trying to figure out where I would want this over my burner ghetto-fab $500 11.5" 5.56mm AR pistol.
    I acquired it from these people who take 10% off when you register and there's no tax or shipping:

http://www.yrsinc.com/en/micro-roni-...19-23-32-glock

I paid $329. These ship from Israel so it takes 3-4 weeks (mainly because of customs on both sides).

When you factor in the price of a Glock 23, which I paid $389 in 2008. Most of the video demos you see are with 9mm. I'll be doing a 40 S&W which will be a touch more snappy. There is a compartment in the bottom that allows you to remove the pistol easily.

I placed a Light on the left rail which should help with gripping it for more control. It will be better than the thumb rests that they sell on the site for $20.

I'll get to shoot it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    Comparison of the CAA with the Tavor and the AR-15 pistols.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast