Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-QD scope mount?

Feedback Score
    How strong/reliable is the Aero? It's just that at that price point, I can't help but think "if it's too good to be true....".

I may just go with another JP (my 5.56 has one). However, the scope I plan to use has 3.75" of eye relief. Using a Luth stock, do y'all think I would need an extended scope mount?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just went through the same process for my AR .308. I have the same scope to OP! LRHS 3-12 Bushy.

Ended up with the Nightforce Unimount for a couple reasons. I wanted an extended mount and built in 20 MOA. I would have gone with the Badger Ordnance (which was cheaper) but it didn't have both features.

The Nightforce is a little bit higher than what you want ($252 MSRP) but not Spurh cost.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Seriously? That's like almost 50% off. I've never seen anything Geissele discounted that heavily.
    I've bought them for similar from PA. They run the sales. The Geissele mount is kindof like the old Chrysler homoligization cars. They sold something like 50ish to USASOC, and the rest were pumped to the public to pay for the equipment, etc. At least, that's just my OPINION on the matter. Hence the wild pricing swings.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by irondude View Post
    What about the LaRue VFZ mount? I think they are $50 less than the QD lever mounts.
    All of the bad points about LaRue mounts with none of the good one's. Just...why?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Wait for Primary Arms to have a sale on the Geissele. I gor mine for $175.
    I'm nearly positive that was a one time deal with models that were being discontinued by Geissele. Primarily the SR25/AR10 models as well as some 20MOA versions. I picked up one of the SR25 mounts as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Memorial Day sale 2016 I snagged my first Geissele from PA for $251 shipped, the second was a sopmod used for $281 shipped. Scopes and mounts I'm at the point where I seek out bomb proof. My second more expensive option would have been Spuhr. The Geisseles really are quite extraordinary if you don't mind the weight and the next sale is coming end of may...
    Last edited by LMT/556; 04-21-17 at 06:40. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    I use Nightforce ultralight rings on my Scar 17. Works well and it can give a little weight savings to use separate rings. Not as handy if you swap it out frequently but you said QD wasn't needed.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Nightforce Unimount. 7075 Al and beta titanium. About $200 on the forums.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12