Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson/PSA bottom shelf garbage rifle build (PICS)

Feedback Score

Anderson/PSA bottom shelf garbage rifle build (PICS)

I looked through my parts bin and found an Anderson lightweight upper, and then a buttstock, H2 buffer/spring ass'y, trigger bits, etc, and realized I was just a BCG, barrel and lower away from a lightweight beater gun.

I got an Anderson lower for $60 at the gun show, ordered a PSA lightweight 1:7 mid gas barrel, found a DD flashhider for $25 bucks, and slapped it all together. I figure it'll be fine for plinking or trading.

FYI: Magpul MOE SL handguards only work with ROUND handguard caps. Mine had the triangle version, so I used a razor and a file and ground away at the handguard lugs until they fit.

UPPER:
    -Anderson LW upper (no FA, no port cover, no feed ramps)
    -PSA BCG (DRY AS **** and really tight. No HP/MP markings. Staking looked fine.) It's sitting in a bag of oil right now. Cycles and locks fine, just needs lube badly.
    -Anderson charging handle.
    -YHM flip up rear sight. Old school but perfectly serviceable.
    -PSA 5.56mm pencil barrel, midlength 1:7 4150 CMV, nitride finish. F-marked FSB. (Seems fine, but can we please stop slapping the word "FREEDOM" on every flat surface? It's getting a bit much. Don't believe me? Wait till SHOT show. It'll be like a drinking game.)
    -DD flashhider
    -Magpul midlength MOE-SL handguards.
    -No name CompM4 clone that I've had for 12 years and refuses to die.

LOWER:
    -Anderson lower. Seems fine. Trigger pins fit fine
    -Magpul K Grip, aggressively stippled. Like, too aggressive. It'll eat a hole in your shirt if you take a class with it.
    -No name buttstock kit w/ H2 buffer.
    -Standard USGI LPK/trigger

Sorry for the shitty HDR. The lighting wasn't great.

Feedback Score
    Nothing wrong with that. I like having a couple cheap kick around guns that I keep in the truck.
    Last edited by Kansaswoodguy; 12-27-16 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thats Hideous!!! ..... Runs to parts bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I recently put together a 500$ gun using mostly PSA parts, I have a number of 2500$+ guns, I wanted to see what the opposite was like. It was some PSA deals and some parts bin.

I ended up with all magpul furniture and the same barrel as you. Its going to be a beat around rifle and a loner at my cabin. I'm interested to see what happens, so far its been great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I recently put together a 500$ gun using mostly PSA parts, I have a number of 2500$+ guns, I wanted to see what the opposite was like. It was some PSA deals and some parts bin.

I ended up with all magpul furniture and the same barrel as you. Its going to be a beat around rifle and a loner at my cabin. I'm interested to see what happens, so far its been great.
    Did you have to do surgery to get it to fit like I did?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good looking parts gun. You got me thinking, maybe I should build a light weight beater. I think I have everything except a rail or hand guard and a barrel. Hmmmm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am curious, what was the total cost to put this together? Looks pretty nice for what it's purpose in life is, now you just need to see how it functions
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 01-14-17 at 09:06. Reason: Auto-correct gets me every time
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I am curious, what was the total cost to put this together? Looks pretty nice for what it's purpose in life is, now you just need to see how it functions
    I'm guessing somewhere around $550-ish. Lots of the parts are years old and from the junk bin so it's hard to say what I paid. I could have saved cash going with an Anderson barrel and standard handguards, but they don't offer midlengths.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That ended a lot better than the title had me believing. Good job!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I want to put the Moe SL on one of my BCM pinned muzzle mid lengths. How hard was it to modify it to fit the triangular cap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast