Thread: Locked Threads, no explanation

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Locked Threads, no explanation

--This is not a "me too" thread, and I do not invite any members to pile on in this thread.--

Mods and Admins,

I appreciate, greatly, what you do for this forum. For the last 6 years, this forum has been a a second home and family for me. I look forward, daily, to reading and replying to the great discussions on this board.

Recently, I have noticed a string of threads being closed with no explanation. That, on the outside, seems slightly childish. To have some insight as to WHY it was closed would certainly remove any element of pettiness. Case in point:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-that-you-miss

Now, M4C is not without a little bit of sordid history in the gun community [not saying it is deserved] and I understand that M4C is a privately owned entity, but nothing of that sort was being discussed or encouraged in that thread. To have it randomly locked is insulting as it sends all sorts of mixed messages that we cannot be trusted. The members posting in that thread were ALL longstanding members who have contributed greatly to this forum and its culture. No one sought to destroy what we work hard to support by simply discussing how much we miss seeing Torrock post about his new E German AK find. Like I said, this forum is a family and I miss my M4C family members who no longer hang around for whatever reason.

But it isn't just my thread. I have seen it a few times recently in the GD as well. I suppose here is what I ask of you all:

If you find a thread that doesn't violate the forum rules but is somehow counter-productive to the M4C mission, please give us a short message as to why it is verboten and then close it. Randomly closing threads and not explaining why doesn't create a culture of trust.

There is no need to deride me for this. I understand completely that the staff may run the forum as they see fit, and they do a damn good job of it (see "thankless job" in dictionary). I simply see this as a request that may better our culture on M4C.

Thanks,
    Grant

(I'm a little butthurt over this, so I apologize in advance if my tone is offensive.)
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-28-16 at 01:04.