Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
I had assumed that when you first hypothesized constriction, you were shooting lead bullets. Now that I see that your ammo is jacketed, my opinion is that a constriction like I described would not size down a jacketed bullet. Something else is going on, Ruger should have no trouble diagnosing the issue, which may be out of spec chambers and or alignment of chambers to barrel. Alignment issues can be obvious when lead bullets are used because lead spitting to one side or the other will occur. I'm surprised to see key holing.

If you have time and inclination and are curious, you might select one chamber and fire groups using only it. Anyway, I feel your frustration. If you decide later to reload lead bullets, I can provide you various diameters of the same cast bullet so you can choose the best fit. There would be no charge. Then you could order the same bullet from Dardus--my source--and specify diameter. I have an unsized batch and have the tools to size to different diameters. I can offer safe pet load data that's worked for others.

Ruger will give you back a better handgun, and if you reload, I can point you in a good direction. Of course, you may not need assistance and may have been doing this longer than I have.
I appreciate all your advice and offers to help.

One of the things we tried yesterday was shooting groups with each individual cylinder. I wrote 1 through 5 around the outside of the clylinder with a black marker and then used the same chambers to shoot groups. We did this using the 245gr FMJ and the 240gr lead loads and noticed no discernable difference on target.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk