Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: anderson lower?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Spend $50 on an Anderson when you can spend $70 on a SIONICS?
    Hmmm... I've built on a couple of Andersons and have had no issues, other than the finish seems maybe a bit thin(?) and "chalky". For the money, I didn't care though, since I only gave $34.99 apiece for them (plus transfer fees). Everything fit together O.K. and functions fine. With that point being made, I was, up until now, unaware of Sionics receivers. I've looked at them online and if I decide to do another assembly, I'll definitely consider them. Looks like a very nice receiver for the money. As a matter of fact, I have a SPR that I have about $1,500 in, which is mostly BCM stuff, that I assembled on an Anderson lower. The Sionics has me thinking about doing a lower swap...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I bought a stripped lower and put it together using:
    - Geissele SSA Trigger
    - V7 Ambi Selector
    - Magpul MIAD Grip
    - VLTOR A5 Receiver Extension
    - CQD End Plate
    - Magpul Trigger Guard

All the other parts are Colt. I had no issues putting it together.
    Not knocking the poster I quoted, everyone should spend their money as the please but I can't get my head around putting nearly $400 in parts into a $50 lower that may or may not be in spec? Sionics or Mega (and probably a few other makers) can be had for a few dollars more will provide a much more QC'd receiver.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Not knocking the poster I quoted, everyone should spend their money as the please but I can't get my head around putting nearly $400 in parts into a $50 lower that may or may not be in spec? Sionics or Mega (and probably a few other makers) can be had for a few dollars more will provide a much more QC'd receiver.
    As the poster that you quoted -

I had been working halfway across the country for an extended period of time. I came home to MA on vacation. There had been a shooting or something and MA was talking about passing a new full ban. I went to the local gun store and they had these in stock for $45 including transfer. I had to leave the next day so I would back to work.

In the end they did not ban sales at that time but there is a new ban currently in place. That $45 lower is on a complete rifle that was registered to me in MA before latest ban went into effect.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 02-25-17 at 19:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Think of it this way. Even if the receiver ends up not being "in spec" (I venture to say that that is probably a fairly rare occurrence) it's not like you're out the investment in the parts. You could just get the lower of your choice and swap 'em out. Problem solved. And the OEM of the lower in question would more than likely make things right. As has been mentioned though, that could, in certain circumstances, be a major hassle.

What I CAN'T get my head around is the guy who SBR'd his (apparently unvetted) Anderson lower, then bitched when it was out of spec. That may have actually happened in this very thread, I don't remember and am too lazy to look.

If I were to fill out NFA paperwork on a lower, A) It wouldn't be an Anderson, and B) I would have ALREADY wrung the thing out 9 ways from Sunday, even if the damned thing was made by Rolls Royce!

Feedback Score

I had been working halfway across the country for an extended period of time. I came home to MA on vacation. There had been a shooting or something and MA was talking about passing a new full ban. I went to the local gun store and they had these in stock for $45 including transfer. I had to leave the next day so I would back to work.

In the end they did not ban sales at that time but there is a new ban currently in place. That $45 upper is on a complete rifle that was registered to me in MA before latest ban went into effect.
    If Andersons were available at $45 OTD, I'd buy a tractor trailer load. Even today.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

In the end they did not ban sales at that time but there is a new ban currently in place. That $45 upper is on a complete rifle that was registered to me in MA before latest ban went into effect.
    That's an unfortunate set of circumstances for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffk14 View Post
    Think of it this way. Even if the receiver ends up not being "in spec" (I venture to say that that is probably a fairly rare occurrence) it's not like you're out the investment in the parts. You could just get the lower of your choice and swap 'em out. Problem solved. And the OEM of the lower in question would more than likely make things right. As has been mentioned though, that could, in certain circumstances, be a major hassle.

What I CAN'T get my head around is the guy who SBR'd his (apparently unvetted) Anderson lower, then bitched when it was out of spec. That may have actually happened in this very thread, I don't remember and am too lazy to look.

If I were to fill out NFA paperwork on a lower, A) It wouldn't be an Anderson, and B) I would have ALREADY wrung the thing out 9 ways from Sunday, even if the damned thing was made by Rolls Royce!
    Seems like a pain in the rear to deal when, statistically speaking, a little more buys you some reassurance that you won't have to experience out of spec. Your other example of SBR'ing a lower of unknown provenance is just asking for trouble no matter the manufacturer, imo.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffk14 View Post
    If Andersons were available at $45 OTD, I'd buy a tractor trailer load. Even today.
    It was $45 OTD.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It was $45 OTD.
    Anderson $50 local out the door.

Aero Precision is $80 it's

I'd prefer Sionics, but with xfer fees starts not to make sense. If I had to an xfer I just get a complete LMT L7C2.

Feedback Score
    I was very happy with the three Sionics lowers I recently bought and built. By having all three stripped and on-hand I was able to cross-check Colt and ALG LPK's in all three (roll pin parts excluded).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567