I built this rifle primarily for Limited Division competition for the PRS Gas Gun Series, and for a few Rifleman’s Team Challenge matches coming up in 2017. So far in testing is has been a terrific shooter, I could not be more pleased with the overall performance.
For these competitions, the max distance will be 1,000 yards. The Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50 has worked well so far out to 1KM. I can’t see myself shooting effectively beyond this range. I am sure others could do much better.
In any case I have been shooting .5” - .75” MOA groups with 5.56 IMI 77 Grain SMK factory ammo. Target Sports USA had this on sale around Thanksgiving so I bought a bunch. This ammo’s average speed is 2,765 FPS.
The Upper receiver, lower receiver, NSR Hand Guard and Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard were all finished in Magpul FDE Cerakote by BXC Coating in Everett, WA. (http://www.bxccoatings.com/)
This picture is not very good. The Cerakote has a very matt finish.
• Lower Receiver: Noveske Forged Lower Receiver
• Upper Receiver: Noveske Vltor MUR Upper Receiver
• Handguard: Noveske 16.7” NSR
• Noveske 9 slot KeyMod rail adapter (6 o’clock)• Barrel: 20” 1:8 Proof Research carbon fiber barrel (.223 Wylde chamber)
• 2 KeyMod limited rotation QD sling swivel mounts
• Arisaka KeyMod finger stop
• Hoptic USA KeyMod 5.56 2 round quiver (FDE)
• BCM KeyMod rail panel kit (FDE)
• Muzzle Device: Saker Trifecta Muzzle Break (Silencer is in purgatory)
• BCG: Noveske marked RCA Black Nitride Bolt Carrier Group
• Stock: Magpul Gen 2 PRS (FDE)
• Receiver Extension: Standard Rifle Receiver Extension
• Buffer: Standard Rifle Buffer
• Buffer Spring: Standard Rifle Buffer Spring
• Grip: Ergo Tactical Deluxe Grip (FDE)
• Optic: Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP with Vortex lever
• Optic Mount: American Defense 30mm Recon (FDE)
• Back-Up Sights: Knight’s Armament 600 Meter 45 Degree Offset Folding Micro Sights
• Charging Handle: BCM Ambidextrous Charging Handle Mod A44 (Ambi)
• Trigger: Geissele Super Dynamic - Enhanced (SD-E)
• Selector: Battle Arms Development BAD-ASS Ambi. standard levers
• Magazine Release: Knight’s Armament Ambi magazine release
• Lower Parts Kit: JP LPK
• Bi-Pod: PRS Atlas Bipod: Tall with ADM Lever with Atlas Spikes
• Mono-Pod: Accu-Shot Mid Height rail mount
• Sling: Blue Force Gear Vickers Padded Sling (Coyote Brown)
• Take Down Pins: Stamped with the Noveske logo. For no other reason than why not.