Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brownells .308 Barrels by Satern

Feedback Score

Brownells .308 Barrels by Satern

Has anyone had any experience with these barrels good or bad? The specs seem good.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...8%2bWinchester

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and ordered one, what the heck. They're on sale and you get $20 off on top of that plus free shipping.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I do not have experience with the .308 barrels, however the AR15 barrels are fantastic. FYI Proof Research uses their barrels if that's an indication of their quality.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I'm ignorant as to who proof research is. I know the barrels that Brownells sells are mad by Satern, and they have a pretty good reputation, at least when it comes to their other calibers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I do not have experience with the .308 barrels, however the AR15 barrels are fantastic. FYI Proof Research uses their barrels if that's an indication of their quality.
    No, they don't. They make their own and do button and cut rifling in-house. I've done a tour of the facility, but see: http://proofresearch.com/the-product...steel-barrels/

I wouldn't touch Satern with a 10 ft pole after their Grendel debacle (had issues with two I purchased from Alexandar Arms that were manufactured for AA by Satern). Google if interested.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Good to know, I was under the impression that's who they were getting their blanks from.

Quote Originally Posted by Warg View Post
    No, they don't. They make their own and do button and cut rifling in-house. I've done a tour of the facility, but see: http://proofresearch.com/the-product...steel-barrels/

I wouldn't touch Satern with a 10 ft pole after their Grendel debacle (had issues with two I purchased from Alexandar Arms that were manufactured for AA by Satern). Google if interested.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    I'll test it out to see if it's worth touching with a pole. If it fails, Brownells has an unconditional return policy if I'm not satisfied.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

I wouldn't touch Alexander Arms with a ten foot pole. Why blame the parts supplier when the "assembler" is to blame.
    Cheap barrels produce poor results on target
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Though I don't have any experience with the .308 and I never owned a Saturn barrel, there are afew running them in NRA Service Rifle, match rifle (in both AR15 platform and bolt action) and they seem to perform well.

To the extent that I was thinking of using one for a Precision build.

I use a Krieger Barrel on my service rifle. It is excellent. After seeing two of the Saturn's single point cut rifling perform, I thought that I would give them a try myself.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    I wouldn't touch Alexander Arms with a ten foot pole. Why blame the parts supplier when the "assembler" is to blame.
    Cheap barrels produce poor results on target
    Fair point and AA should have caught this, but it is the case that Satern screwed up the chambering as well. I roll my own now and have had really good results with JP and Lilja barrels for the 6.5G FWIW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast