Thread: First build - pretty standard build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

First build - pretty standard build

For my first build, I guess it is just a pretty standard rifle. nothing crazy or super specific, just decent parts where I thought it mattered. I mainly wanted to touch and decide on every part of it to know what was going into it. The only thing that I bought complete and did not completely assemble is the BCG. It was a complete unit from BCM. I did completely disassemble it (other than removing the gas key) so that I could say I touched every piece.

Lower
    -Stag Lower
    -Magpul MIAD grip
    -ALG ACT trigger
    -Magpul trigger guard
    -DPMS Enhanced bolt release
    -Noveske STS 60* selector
    -A2 stock (I plan on doing a vltor a5 set up but the A2 stock was free and I figured it would shoot nicely)
    -Daniel Defense sling loop
    -The rest of the lower parts were purchased individually from the citizens armory

Upper
    -BCM Blem M4 flat top
    -dust cover pieces and forward assist pieces were included but I got to assemble them.
    -BCM bolt and BCG
    -BCM ambidextrious charging handle
    -BCM BFH 16 inch midlength leightweight barrel
    -BCM .625 gas block
    -started with a flash hider from my Dad that was supposed to make a 16 inch barrel look like a XM177. It was super heavy and looked goofy so I replaced it with a standard A2 FH
    -Magpul BUIS
    -Primary arms MD-SP red dot
    -Troy VTAC Alpha 15 inch
    -HSP Inforce WML

Since the pictures I have swapped the cheap chinese ling for a BFG padded Vickers sling.
    I also swapped out the QD American defense MFG mount that was included with the red dot for a fixed Holoson mount off of Amazon. I was having trouble getting the QD mount to stay tight and after i had it fall off at the range twice I was done with it.

What I plan on changing
    I am planning on getting rid of the Noveske STS selector. It feels really mushy and gummy and it does not click into either position.
    I am planning on swapping out the A2 fixed stock for a magpul SR25/A5 reciever extension, a Springco Green rifle spring, a Vltor A5H3 buffer and a Magpul MOE SL-S stock. I like the way it shoots now but the stock is a little long sometimes.
    When I save up, I would like to replace the red dot with a Trijicon MRO. I have not had any problems with the red dot but it has a farly short battery life so I have to be sure to remember to shut it off every time.
    I would like to swap out the flash hider at some point but I will probably hold off on that until I save up to buy a suppressor and can buy a mount that is appropriate for what ever I choose to buy.
    I would also like to swap the handguard out for something that has MLOK attachments but right now the Troy hand guard seems to work pretty well.

I also plan on painting it once I get the guts to actually do it.

Let me know what you think

Chris
    Last edited by 2000xjclassic; 01-03-17 at 10:34. Reason: fixed the pictures