Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First build - pretty standard build

Feedback Score

First build - pretty standard build

For my first build, I guess it is just a pretty standard rifle. nothing crazy or super specific, just decent parts where I thought it mattered. I mainly wanted to touch and decide on every part of it to know what was going into it. The only thing that I bought complete and did not completely assemble is the BCG. It was a complete unit from BCM. I did completely disassemble it (other than removing the gas key) so that I could say I touched every piece.

Lower
    -Stag Lower
    -Magpul MIAD grip
    -ALG ACT trigger
    -Magpul trigger guard
    -DPMS Enhanced bolt release
    -Noveske STS 60* selector
    -A2 stock (I plan on doing a vltor a5 set up but the A2 stock was free and I figured it would shoot nicely)
    -Daniel Defense sling loop
    -The rest of the lower parts were purchased individually from the citizens armory

Upper
    -BCM Blem M4 flat top
    -dust cover pieces and forward assist pieces were included but I got to assemble them.
    -BCM bolt and BCG
    -BCM ambidextrious charging handle
    -BCM BFH 16 inch midlength leightweight barrel
    -BCM .625 gas block
    -started with a flash hider from my Dad that was supposed to make a 16 inch barrel look like a XM177. It was super heavy and looked goofy so I replaced it with a standard A2 FH
    -Magpul BUIS
    -Primary arms MD-SP red dot
    -Troy VTAC Alpha 15 inch
    -HSP Inforce WML

Since the pictures I have swapped the cheap chinese ling for a BFG padded Vickers sling.
    I also swapped out the QD American defense MFG mount that was included with the red dot for a fixed Holoson mount off of Amazon. I was having trouble getting the QD mount to stay tight and after i had it fall off at the range twice I was done with it.

What I plan on changing
    I am planning on getting rid of the Noveske STS selector. It feels really mushy and gummy and it does not click into either position.
    I am planning on swapping out the A2 fixed stock for a magpul SR25/A5 reciever extension, a Springco Green rifle spring, a Vltor A5H3 buffer and a Magpul MOE SL-S stock. I like the way it shoots now but the stock is a little long sometimes.
    When I save up, I would like to replace the red dot with a Trijicon MRO. I have not had any problems with the red dot but it has a farly short battery life so I have to be sure to remember to shut it off every time.
    I would like to swap out the flash hider at some point but I will probably hold off on that until I save up to buy a suppressor and can buy a mount that is appropriate for what ever I choose to buy.
    I would also like to swap the handguard out for something that has MLOK attachments but right now the Troy hand guard seems to work pretty well.

I also plan on painting it once I get the guts to actually do it.

Let me know what you think

Chris
    Last edited by 2000xjclassic; 01-03-17 at 10:34. Reason: fixed the pictures

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a fun build. I like A2 stocks, it is hard to beat and they work. Also no pictures are showing up, that I can see.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up! I fixed the pictures

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks like fun. Shoot the heck out of it!
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks very similar to a build I'm doing, but mine's going to have a LPV scope instead of the dot.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks good

Feedback Score
    Like I said, I love the A2.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    Awesome job.

Feedback Score
    Great looking little boom stick. Nice work.

Feedback Score
    Looks great. It seems you enjoyed the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast