Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt Cobra...is back!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I got to handle this recently. Super excited to see Colt back in the revolver business.

Attachment 43146
    What did you think of the fit, finish, and quality?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
    What did you think of the fit, finish, and quality?
    I liked it. One of the interesting things is that the front sight is changeable by the end user. Tritium, fiber and a gold bead will all be available.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I liked it. One of the interesting things is that the front sight is changeable by the end user. Tritium, fiber and a gold bead will all be available.
    Thanks Grant. That is great info. I like the interchangeable front sight.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At 30 ounces frame size must approach S&W's K frame. The shrouded barrel adds weight too. The RIA Armscor M206 reviewed in this forum weighs 25 oz in the 2 inch barrel length according to an NRA article. Without seeing the new Cobra, my guess is that the frame is also a good bit thicker than the original. I'm certain that Colt has produced a nice revolver. My opinion is that the final product is a 2 inch belt carry weapon rather than a pocket pistol suitable for IWB carry.

Feedback Score
    NRA magazine states it is 25oz.

I will patiently await the return of the King Cobra and the Anaconda.

A Python would be awesome, but I don't hold much hope for that.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    >The trigger broke at eight pounds in double action and two pounds in single action.<

I'm interested:)
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Here is some more Cobra propaganda.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvZeTJqpgDg

I think the need to come out with a lightweight "AirCobra" and then a new .357 "KingCobra" asap. I will be buying one of each.

Lots of thumb cocking in these vids. LOL
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I think that if Colt produced a DAO variant on this model, with a 3" barrel and a bobbed hammer, they would sell a lot of them. The user-replaceable front sight is a great idea, I'm excited about that.

If you look for what a used S&W 3" K or L frame is going for these days, Colt could make a very good return on such a pistol. I see those things going for $800 or more all the time.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Absolutely. The J-frame needs a hammerless 6 shot competitor. Honestly, the only reason I never got a (lightweight) Cobra was the impracticability of repair work. I loved my old DS.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast