Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PA-10 First Impressions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/mi...59704.jpg.html
    http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/mi...5_HDR.jpg.html

Stretched the legs out a bit. Shot it out to 530 yds. The above groups is at 125 yds and is representative of accuracy with my M80 clone bulk loads, which was all I had on hand. Was able to go 10 for 10 on 4"x6" steel at 300 yds. Rifle is topped with my range mule scope setup, which is a Weaver Tactical 3-10x. Another 60 rds down with no malfunctions. Fired brass demonstrates no ejector smears, case rim damage, or odd ejection patterns.

I felt that I rolled the dice on this one, but it seems to be working out. Will update periodically as I continue to use it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hit the range again today. Another 100 rounds down the pipe, 40 of which were Tula steel case. This was done mainly for testing purposes. Ran 100% and no issues with ignition of steel case with the SSA-E in place.

No attempts were made for accuracy today but the 8" steel @ 200 yds was getting a lot of wear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    Hi All,
    I.
    Some cons:
    - the completed lower DIDNT HAVE A HAMMER. Didn't matter to me as it easily accepted a SSA-E trigger.
    LMAO, you may the 1st person to find the BLEM on a blem lower. I can't find one on mine. Trigger wasn't bad actually but I put in a CMC. I ended up building my upper with a BA barrel. Very soft shooting with rifle gas.

Feedback Score
    I see some uppers they're offering with what they're calling a midlength gas system. I'm guessing this will be a bit sharper cycling than the rifle length, but by how much would you say?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't really call it a difference in recoil. 1st .308 was an Armalite EA middy upper. They just seem overgassed from the start. I've heard because the gas port is sized to run weak ball ammo. Still have the Armalite with AGB, slash heavy car buffer, and Tubbs carrier weight. still find rifle gad length easier on brass.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Oops, rifle gas

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Tough to say, it would really depend on the combo. I had a 18" Mega barrel on one upper that was mid-length - it had more recoil but was also overgassed. They can be throttled down with a gas block, which is what I did with the Mega. I will say I handled one of the new PA-10 18" mid-length uppers and the barrel profile was nice, kind of "medium-light". I must say I am also tempted to pick one of these uppers up as well "for the sake of science."

Feedback Score
    Ok, couldn't resist, got one on the way to me. Swap out the gas block you say? Definitely thinking I'll run suppressed most often. Must it be adjustable or just something with a smaller port in it? Also, will this run anyone's 308 size buffer for when I get a heavy one?
    Last edited by yellowfin; 05-14-17 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    You definitely should get one if you're going to run a can, you'll be immediately even more overgassed without it. I don't have one yet, but my next AGB will be a Superlative Arms. They bleed the extra gas out of the system rather than back into the action. An AGB will solve the problem but no, it doesn't have a smaller port, you're just constricting the gas flow out of the existing port in the barrel.

The buffer you run depends on what stock you're going to use and receiver extension. If you are going to run a rifle length stock you can probably buy a PSA lower with it. Or you can buy a PSA carbine lower if you're going to run their stock. I have one of their carbine lowers stock except for trigger with the BA 18" rifle gas barrel on one of their blem uppers I bought and assembled. And it has an SLR AGB.

It's when you get into different combinations that you're going to have to use another buffer. I bought a heavy CAR buffer from Slash because I put an UBR on my Armalite lower. I have an Aero lower with an A1 stock that I use with Slash' XH rifle buffer because it will be suppressed eventually

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To the poster asking about gas blocks, buffers, etc - probably the best course of action is to get one of their complete lowers, already assembled, rather than swapping random parts. See if it runs before swapping stuff.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast