Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of 458 or 450... Need help!!!

Feedback Score
    Many thanks for that link! I'm on the hunt...
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Told a friend who is a big bore fan about a 20" Bushmaster .450 upper Midway had on sale a few years ago.

He picked it up and has shot the hell out of it and it's really accurate and you can tell you're launching serious bullets.

Using the .452s you save a lot of money over something using .458s but you're limited to lighter bullets than something in .458.

The load is a 240gr .452 XTP-MAG and near max charge of Lil Gun from the Hornady Manual. No issues finding new brass or ammo at Cabelas either, I can't say the same for .458 SOCOM.

If you are fine with, seemingly, being "limited" to about 300gr bullets and can source better quality parts than Bushmaster (I am assuming you're building a serious use rifle), then I think you would be fine with the .450 Bushmaster.

Feedback Score
    Thanks bb223... That's really helpful info!
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    With plans of building a .458 Socom Upper I purchased a Wilson .458 upper receiver...it's new in box and I'd be willing to take a slight hit on it just to get it gone as I opted not to go this route and got into reloading instead...it hasn't been listed in the EE and it doesn't sound like you're looking to build but I figured I'd let you know just in case you're interested. PM me if you're interested and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Many thanks for the heads up on the Wilson Upper. That might be a bit out of my price range right now... I'm still puttin things together for the next step... I'm a bit cautious in my old age... All the best...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I went with the .450 Bushmaster. I just bought a factory bushmaster upper. I bought it due to the fact that I can now use it in my shotgun zone. I took my first small buck with it this year. The rifle shoots 1-1.25 MOA at 100 yards and I am confident to 250. I couldnt be happier.

I dont know if Indiana has the same restrictions or not, but I know you can hunt with the 308 now. (lucky)

Feedback Score
    FYI, RRA has a 20% off shot show special through tomorrow evening. Drops the price below what Tromix charges for a 458 socom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12