Thread: 300 blackout issue PLEASE HELP

Feedback Score

300 blackout issue PLEASE HELP

Guys, I need some help! I recently finished a 300 blackout SBR build and I’m having some failure to extract issues. To get down to the nitty gritty; live rounds are “being left” in the chamber. I say that because they aren’t getting stuck, it’s almost like the bolt/extractor aren’t even engaging the case. No matter how many times I rack it to try and clear the stuck round, the only thing that clears it is to turn the rifle up and shake it out of the chamber (it falls freely). I’ve made sure the bolt is fully seating in the locking lugs via the forward assist, but I don’t have access to a headspace gauge. Initially, I thought this was a bolt issue, but I happened to have several brand-new BCG’s on hand and they all produce the same result. I then assumed it was the ammo. I have cycled Barnes, Hornady and Remington (subsonic and supersonic) rounds with the same result.
    For the last two consecutive builds, I have given Daniel Defense the benefit of the doubt (due to their awesome reputation) when troubleshooting problems. The last build, after going through several hundred rounds, different BCG’s and butchering a perfectly good upper, it turned out the DD barrel was the issue (quickly resolved and sent a new one). So here I am again, I’ve narrowed the issue down to yet another Daniel Defense barrel issue. As bad as I want it to be something else, I can’t figure out what else it could be other than a chamber issue.
    For reference purposes, This build consists of:
    BCM stripped upper
    Daniel Defense 10.3” CHF 300 BLK Barrel
    Daniel Defense RIS II MK18 Rail
    Daniel Defense Chrome BCG/ Daniel Defense standard BCG/BCM BCG (all failed to eject rounds, with or without “donuts” on ejector spring)
    Silencerco Omega 9K
    Daniel Defense Lower (Sbr’d)
    Spikes T3 buffer
    Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit
    Geissele Trigger
    With a statewide coyote competition coming up this weekend, I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place with this build. I finished the gun just in time with this competition in mind, only to have a single-shot 300blk “shake-o-matic”. Please help on what I should do. I will contact Daniel Defense today if there aren’t any obvious fixes for the problem that I’m missing. Unfortunately, I highly doubt that I’ll be able to send the barrel back and get a replacement in time for the competition, so it looks like ear-pro and switching locations after the first shot it is! If this is another DD issue, I hate to say it, but it looks like my days of being a Daniel Defense fanboy are over. My last two build issues have been fixed by eliminating Daniel Defense components from my build. On a side note: I’ve got a 14.5” Daniel Defense Gov profile barrel for sale on EE that was replaced in the last QC issue… I can replicate this issue easily and if anyone wants to see this in action, I can video it this evening if it would help. Thanks in advance for any useful information!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sounds like a chamber issue is likely.

Will it cycle unfired live rounds just by running the charging handle?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Sounds like a chamber issue is likely.

Will it cycle unfired live rounds just by running the charging handle?

No, that's how I'm replicating the problem. It'll chamber the first round and then about every other pull of the charging handle is a jam. The round is left in the chamber and the bolt tries to chamber another round behind it resulting in a doublefeed. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    At this point, I think I'd order a barrel from a different manufacturer and get the rig ready for this weekend. Then sell the replacement DD when it comes in. I know Ballistic Advantage makes a nice 10.3" 300BLK barrel, I'm sure others do as well.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    Does the OP have a case gauge to drop fired and unfired cases into? That can explain a lot.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Daniel Defense has good customer service. If you call them and explain the problem, there's at least a chance you'll get a solution before the weekend.

You build appears to be all quality parts, and it does sound like a chamber issue.

Feedback Score
    Edit, don't know how I missed that the first time. Op good luck.

Mods please delete this post.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-23-17 at 21:07.