Thread: .300 Blackout for $500

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

.300 Blackout for $500

dang that is cheap, know nothing about American Tactical Inports, will research

American Tactical Imports Omni Hybrid Maxx .300 AAC Blackout AR-15 LTD Rifle - Black 300BLK 16" H-BAR 2-30 Rd Mags , Keymod Rail - ATIGOMX300LTDW / Standard T-6 Stock

https://www.classicfirearms.com/atio...eid=938dc3e7c3

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Polymer lower...
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Polymer lower...
    Any experience with metal-reinforced Omni polymer?

EDIT: should have google 1st Enter the hybrid lower receiver, where a small block of metal is molded into the receiver itself to strengthen it. Some companies have done this well. Unfortunately, ATI is not one of them . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...polymer-ar-15/
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 09-04-16 at 20:04.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No experience with them. For the going rate of a real lower, I'd just pay the difference. If you were looking at getting into the 300 blackout game on the cheap, I'd go to PSA. I have a 8.5" 1/8 300 blackout upper that has cycled everything I've thrown at it, suppressed and suppressed, supers and subs, with a blem PSA lower and a carbine buffer. I wanted to experiment without breaking the bank, but now I don't see a reason to upgrade.

It also clover leafs at 100 yards with 220 grain pills.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    I bought a 300 BO upper from Brownells before Christmas for $325 delivered w/ 10" M-Lok FF hand guard. Some reviewer showed the ATI box his came in. Mine came in a plain brown box. Mine works OK with Subsonic, 220gr OTM, and 120gr OTM supersonic. No malfunctions. Accuracy is a ? as I have only shot it with a red dot sight. Happy so far.
    Last edited by Little Creek; 01-04-17 at 16:08.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    That's not going to be a high quality option.

Assuming you already have an AR15, you can build a very decent 300BLK upper for under $500 and have something you actually want to own and shoot. If you don't want to build your own, there are various companies selling quality complete uppers, including Daniel Defense and BCM. For example:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-U...kout-s/207.htm

There are also good quality less expensive options, such as those from Aero Precision.

I can't see a reason to buy a cheap, low-quality rifle in an expensive to shoot, specialized cartridge. For the same reason no one offers a $300 rifle in .338 Lapua or .458 Lott, even though it wouldn't be much more difficult than making the $300 rifles in .30-06 that every bolt gun maker now offers. And I say this as a fan of 300BLK who owns several uppers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can build AR's including 300blk for $500 nowadays. Anderson lowers are around $60. No reason to buy a poly lower.