Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Remington ammo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Crazy Remington ammo

I was running through some old ammo today(6mnths old) and when I went to load some rounds into my Springfield XDSC 9mm and noticed 1 round didn't feel right when loading it in the mag.

This was the last bit of ammo left in the box and everything before it cycled just fine but this is the first time I've ever had an issue like this.
    Looking at all the remaining ammo some others look shorter as well but not as bad.

.380acp on the left, defective 9mm in the middle, normal 9mm on the right

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I've never been a fan of Remington ammo.
    I ordered 500 rounds of it a little while ago to give it another try as it was on a very good sale.

Still disappointed. It's the least accurate ammo I've shot out of my Glocks, even my VP9. Also has a very obnoxious smell when shooting indoors.
    I'm going to just plink it away at some steel to get rid of it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    Still disappointed. It's the least accurate ammo I've shot out of my Glocks, even my VP9. Also has a very obnoxious smell when shooting indoors.
    I'm going to just plink it away at some steel to get rid of it.
    Ive had similar results. I had some 115gr hollow points from them that patterned at 15 yards from my G19. Switched to some Federal Champion and the group shrank by over 50%. I'm glad it was the ammo and not me.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have had bad luck with Remington rifle ammo in the past. Several years ago I had a bunch of 30-30 ammo that was crimped so poorly you could push the bullet back into the case with your thumb. In a tube magazine that's not a good thing. I had about 9 boxes of Core Lokt like that.

k12u80.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by futurerider103 View Post
    I was running through some old ammo today(6mnths old)
    6 months old is "old ammo"?????

Dont tell that to my 8 year old reloads, my ~25 year old 22lr, or the who the hell knows how old comblock spam cans of x39(probably vietnam era I would guess).

Feedback Score
    Lol OK old for me

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Remington UMC ammo is dog shit. I've had two blown primer .223 rounds over the years, and lots of guys have posted the bullet set backs that you found. I remember buying a box for the hell of it from Big 5 sporting goods. I had to crimp all 50 rounds of the 55 gr cartridges to get them safe enough to run through an autoloading rifle.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I hate Remington ammo. I had an old GI 1911 that would run on firecrackers duct taped to rocks, but wouldn't functions on Rem. UMC 45acp. I will and have bought Tula or Wolf over Remington. I like any of the imported brass cased ammo like PMC, PPU, S&B, Wolf Gold etc.... over Remington. And I will always buy Federal and Winchester over Remington.

The only Remington ammo I have a lot of is 22LR and it's only because during the big 22 shortage around here it was one of the few brands available. Now I am one of the lucky ones who's 10/22 and MK1 runs on Thunderbolts, and my 10/22 actually shoots Golden Bullets like laser beams.

Thunderbolts are actually exciting to shoot out of my 10/22.............no two sound or smell the same. .........."pop, pop, pop, sizzle,BANG". They range in smell from light sulfer to heavy cat piss, and usually about once per mag full one of them smokes like I just shot a black powder musket. But they cycle my 10/22 with boring reliability.
    Last edited by ww2farmer; 01-04-17 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I despise ANYTHING made with the Remington name that's under 12-15 years old. They have scrimped and cut corners on quality for over a decade in both ammo & guns. The new AL factory is two miles down the road from where I work, and I wish I could be proud of that.
    I AINT.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reading this makes me glad I didn't buy their holiday sale ammo. The one with the mail in rebate

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast