View Poll Results: How do you read content here at M4C?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use the "What's New" option.

0 0%
  • I use the "New Posts" option.

12 66.67%
  • I only look at certain specific subforums.

3 16.67%
  • I just wander around and read what's of interest.

3 16.67%
  • I search for specific terms, members, or content.

0 0%

Thread: How do you find new posts/threads, and decide what to read at M4C?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How do you find new posts/threads, and decide what to read at M4C?

From time to time, members ask that a thread be moved from one subforum to another due to a lack of reads or replies. In some examples, a move makes sense and we're happy to do it. In other examples, it's a reflection of the reality that most members don't read most threads, a topic didn't generate the interest OP thought, or the members just didn't reply for one reason or another.

As I think about these thread moves and some content management minutiae I'm curious how members are currently reading M4C. On an average site visit, do you use the what's new, new posts, have something of your own, wander aimlessly, or look for something specific? Please respond to the poll above and tell us how you find new content, and add any additional thoughts you have to thread. Thanks.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Being on Tapatalk 99.9% of the time, I browse primarily via the "New Posts" tab. Second to that, I use the "Participated" tab.
    (Also, polls are not available in Tapatalk so I can't see your choices, nor participate.)

If I need to search for anything specific, it's off to Google and I type in "keyword, site:m4carbine.net" since the Tapatalk search function is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Being on Tapatalk 99.9% of the time, I browse primarily via the "New Posts" tab. Second to that, I use the "Participated" tab.
    (Also, polls are not available in Tapatalk so I can't see your choices, nor participate.)

If I need to search for anything specific, it's off to Google and I type in "keyword, site:m4carbine.net" since the Tapatalk search function is terrible.
    Exactly this ^. "UNREAD" unless I'm looking for something specific. And when I do I'll try Tapatalk search first, which usually sucks, and then go to Google + m4carbine.net

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 01-01-17 at 22:25.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I browse on my phone and computer, but I do not use Tapatalk. I generally stick to a few subsections, but I am a nomad and like to read random sections. I have never used the "New Posts" function...

Feedback Score
    I use the drop down menu "quick links" then select "Today's posts"

It's similar to "new posts" but if i happened to have had a few minutes in the middle of the day to poke around... all the ones that I didn't get to will still show up in the evening when I'm home and have time to read.

Today's Posts = new since 24 hours ago

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I browse on my phone and computer, but I do not use Tapatalk. I generally stick to a few subsections, but I am a nomad and like to read random sections. I have never used the "New Posts" function...
    This is about what I do. I stick to the AR Tech, AR General, NFA, GD, and sometimes wander out of those when needed. Never used the "New Posts" function either. Do not have time to read through or bother with other sections that I do not participate in.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    On desktop, I browse a few specific sub-forums, and I also use the search function seemingly daily.

On Tapatalk, I just track whatever threads I've posted in.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have never tried the 'New Posts' or 'What's New' because I typically read in the same subforum folders. I am going to try them and see how it works out for me.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks guys. As of this posting, 36 registered users read the thread and 18 voted in about two weeks. I think that's pretty telling and this has served its purpose.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب