Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought experiment: let's design the most complicated pistol possible

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Thought experiment: let's design the most complicated pistol possible

Hey guys,

Just for fun, let us come up with the flat out most complicated pistol we can. Nothing electronic or battery powered--however wind-up power is acceptable. Here is where I am at.

1. HK P9s Roller locking
    2. HK P7 Squeeze cocking
    3. Grip safety (redundancy baby)
    4. Thumb safety (Ambi).
    5. Gun can be locked into single action mode by placing thumb safety on while grip is cocked.
    6. Decocting lever (ambidextrous and separate from safety)
    7. Supressor slide lock
    8. Glock trigger doohickey
    9. Dual drop-safteys (drilled into either side of firing pin staggered for maximum drop safteyness).
    10 Adjustable sear (P9s target)
    11. Oil piston buffer in frame (to replace sensible polymer buffer in P9s)
    12. Roller bearing barrel bushing that uses spring pressure to maximize slide to barrel lock up.
    13. Ambi mag release

What else do we need?

14. Mag disconnect. (Kain)
    15. 2 position MAG DETENT so you can single load rounds
    16. Heel release than can be set for drop-free/not drop free (KAIN)
    17. Integral Supressor (Kain)
    18 Manual firing pin block (Fjallhrafn)
    19. Firing pin loaded indicators (one on extractor (P7M8 style so it really sticks out) and a pin that stick up on top and one out the back on the left side. THREE CHAMBER LOADED INDICATORS LIKE A BOSS. (Kain)
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Integral suppressor.

And for the sake of complication add a heel release that needs to be disengaged before actuating the normal mag release.

ETA:
    Oh, and that feature the Bren Ten had, or I think it had, where you could opt for drop free or not drop free in the mag.

And don't forget the magazine disconnect in that thing too.
    Last edited by Kain; 01-02-17 at 16:32.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Integral suppressor.

And for the sake of complication add a heel release that needs to be disengaged before actuating the normal mag release.

ETA:
    Oh, and that feature the Bren Ten had, or I think it had, where you could opt for drop free or not drop free in the mag.

And don't forget the magazine disconnect in that thing too.
    The Bren Ten's manual firing pin block, too.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    The Bren Ten's manual firing pin block, too.
    While we are on that don't forget a big red flag indicating if the gun is cocked or not as well as a loaded chamber indicator that pops up for visual and tactile feel.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Disassembles like the original Ruger Mk I pistol...
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    Trigger overtravel adjustment screw
    1911 style grip panels

ETA: And all of the functions of the cobalt kinetics BAMF. Also, a Glock style extractor that requires an impossible combo of aftermarket changes to reduce brass to face.
    Last edited by P2000; 01-02-17 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Threaded barrel with a vortex style flash hider, but threaded the wrong way so you're constantly having to tighten it down.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Adjustable front/rear fiber optic sights (both can be adjusted for windage and elevation via small torx bolts, because complexity...) Maybe make the rear swappable with an optional ghost ring sight, only $199 extra.

Oh, and adjustable trigger pull. Maybe make that an allen bolt, just to be different...
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 01-02-17 at 19:14.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    Disassembles like the original Ruger Mk I pistol...
    No, I'm thinking something like a hi-point where you need a damn punch to take apart. Or a proprietary tool.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Adjustable front/rear fiber optic sights (both can be adjusted for windage and elevation via small torx bolts, because complexity...) Maybe make the rear swappable with an optional ghost ring sight, only $199 extra.

Oh, and adjustable trigger pull. Maybe make that an allen bolt, just to be different...
    Don't forget to make sure that the bolts need to be different sizes for the front and back. And lengths. And that the sights are mounted in some special sight cut.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Greg Bell, are you designing the next Walther?
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast