Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought experiment: let's design the most complicated pistol possible

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sights, yeah.... the rear one doubles as another safety like in the very old Colt autos. Can't see it, must be on safe.

Magazines fitted and numbered to the gun. Interchangeablity is... unlikely. But at least the two that come with it can be clipped together, base pad to base pad.

Hammer is driven by a brace of V-shaped leaf springs that reside under the grips, connection to the hammer is via a 6-part linkage and rack-and pinion set up (one each side).

Guys once we get this thing designed, I think I will be able to build it if we each chip in about $93-grand.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    We need some sort of adjustable recoil spring for fine tuning. Sort of like a bicycle or adjustable shock.

Also, the recoil spring should be dual recoil springs like the old Walther P-5

It will come with a extra 41 AE barrel.

Removable lanyard ring

Sights should have Fiber optic rod and flip up tritium night sights front and rear.

Rear sights need to be micrometer adjustable and ambidextrous

Front sight fits in dovetail cut so the sight loads in from the front into the dovetail. There will be a staking tab to the side, and wings cut into the slide so there can be two set screws as well.

We need a dual spring extractor. Something like Aftec but way more complicated.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Can we get a stripper clip guide, please? What if I want to load through the top with stripper clips like a C96?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Greg Bell, are you designing the next Walther?
    I think he's just adding onto the Colt 2000

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dual trigger safeties like the Glock, yet side-by-side so that both need to be pressed simultaneously... but each uses its own pivot pin.

Proprietary accessory rail on the bottom, and the sides, of the dust cover.

Chambered in .45 GAP, .32 NAA, and .25 NAA.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    A vertical foregrip on the dustcover that folds out and locks into position both closed and open with numerous springs and detents. And of course it should have pic rails on all sides, and the dust cover area underneath that is exposed when the foregrip is deployed should also have rails, but proprietary like the rounded sig rails.

Pic rails on top of the slide, and M-lock on the sides.

There should be a brass catcher accessory attached to the frame which uses a lug on the side of the slide to cock and release a series of springs and plungers that shoot the empty brass towards your target. This feature should also be adjustable and have its own set of sights. Tall sliding ones because of the poor range & trajectory.

Different sets of recoil springs to use with and without the above brass launcher attached.

Pic rails on the bottom of the magazine base plates for attaching mini-disco balls and small-truck-nuts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Feed mechanism and magazine of the Boberg XR-9S...chambered in 8mm Nambu of course.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I think he's just adding onto the Colt 2000
    Valid! I hadn't thought of that POS.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Didn't JMB already accomplish this 106 years ago?

Ohhhhhhhh! Try the veal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Didn't JMB already accomplish this 106 years ago?

Ohhhhhhhh! Try the veal.
    Right on cue.

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast