Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New production Sig 1911 PVD Nickel Rail

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    lol, thanks. Good thing I don't seek approval from forums on my weapons choices. .

Anyone who discounts Sig for a 1911 is missing out.
    I've had several Custom Shop Colts , they don't have
    as good fit & finish as this 1911, Including my Special Combat Gov.

I agree,I don't have a Sig 1911 myself but they are feature rich for the $$$, lots of goodies & priced very fair for what you get ! I do have a buddy that has had one for a few years now and he has documented over 10K through this pistol with only a slide release replacement ( I gave him a extra Wilson I had) and one recoil spring I think,will have to check with him on that one ! Its been a awesome 1911.
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 01-07-17 at 20:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I agree,I don't have a Sig 1911 myself but they are feature rich for the $$$, lots of goodies & priced very fair for what you get !
    It is amazing what they give you at under $1500

Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post

I do have a buddy that has had one for a few years now and he has documented over 10K through this pistol with only a slide release replacement ( I gave him a extra Wilson I had) and one recoil spring I think,will have to check with him on that one ! Its been a awesome 1911.
    Thanks for this report, that it impressive and the first I've heard of a high round count Sig 1911.
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    It is amazing what they give you at under $1500

Thanks for this report, that it impressive and the first I've heard of a high round count Sig 1911.
    Yea I have been impressed also ! He is one of my main shooting buddies and is Glock through & through but had reached Master in both IDPA & USPSA with his Glock 17 (Production) and was looking for a new challenge and thought the 1911 would fill the bill ! He looked and shopped and the Sig had the features he was after and at the time I think he only spend right around $1000 bucks or less and got the Sig. Right from the start he documented every round he put through it just so he could see what it would do and he has been more than impressed ! He actually reached the 10K last Summer sometime ! I could email him and in less than a minute he would get back at me with a answer,,LOL maybe I'll hit him up and see what he is up to now ! He took a bunch of weekends off last Summer for various reasons but in our area you could shoot a match every weekend with a reasonable drive (normally 20 min to around a hour drive) and he normally does cuz he has a 14 yr old Daughter that is coming along very nicely so he shoots a lot normally. I'll ask him again what model it is and report back sometime soon !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds good, thanks.
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Reinstalled the G10 grips after having medallions installed.

Like these better, great grip.

Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I usually like the look of the wood but I love the way the G10 feels in the hand when shooting. Those grey grips look great with the nickel finish. The medallions are a nice touch. David

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Those grey grips look great with the nickel finish. The medallions are a nice touch. David
    Thanks, I always liked the Colt medallion grips. Sig should do all their grips like this.
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    That is truly a beautiful piece. I typically go for higher end 1911s. But, I have always liked SIG 1911s. The first new 1911 I ever shot was the Scorpion when they first came out. I really loved that gun. Enjoy that piece. Looks truly beautiful. And, I am sure it is a great shooter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12