Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: National Reciprocity Goes on the Offensive!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    There's no Cont reason I'm aware of why an off duty LEO has any 2A Rights I/we don't and it would not hold up to Conts scrutiny via SCOTUS.
    That is a very good point. You're thinking like a liberal now (and I mean that in the nicest way) shoot for the moon, hold them to scrutiny and make them look foolish to oppose it. It's worked so long against the tired old RINO's that it's about time these tactics are used against the Progressives.
    I think it would be fun to see Pelosi try and argue against it. Of course that would mean someone who is reasonably articulate would have to actually call her on her malarkey.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Am I the only one who sees how seriously this could backfire? You're allowing the federal government to, in the long run, dictate terms and conditions of recognizing carry permits. Remember when traditional Americans supported marriage licenses because they could prevent interracial marriage? Now 100 and some-odd years later, those same licenses are being used to cram gay marriage down everyone's throats.

I can't help but think of what short-sighted fools the supporters of this bill are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    That is a very good point. You're thinking like a liberal now (and I mean that in the nicest way) shoot for the moon, hold them to scrutiny and make them look foolish to oppose it. It's worked so long against the tired old RINO's that it's about time these tactics are used against the Progressives.
    I think it would be fun to see Pelosi try and argue against it. Of course that would mean someone who is reasonably articulate would have to actually call her on her malarkey.
    On those rare occasions I do actually think, I don't think small.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Am I the only one who sees how seriously this could backfire? You're allowing the federal government to, in the long run, dictate terms and conditions of recognizing carry permits. Remember when traditional Americans supported marriage licenses because they could prevent interracial marriage? Now 100 and some-odd years later, those same licenses are being used to cram gay marriage down everyone's throats.

I can't help but think of what short-sighted fools the supporters of this bill are.
    Honestly, I have to agree with you. I was originally very reluctant to go for a concealed carry permit simply because it's de facto firearm owner registration. Once they know you have a concealed carry license, they know you have at least one gun, and you will therefore be easier to target in terms of a nationwide confiscation, etc.

HOWEVER, I'm also of the opinion that one can be too paranoid about this as well. NFA weapons have been registered for decades and they haven't been confiscated yet.

Now, DO NOT GET ME WRONG. I am NOT advocating gun registration by ANY means!

I'm just saying there's a fine line between legitimate concern and delusional mania. Bottom line: I think national reciprocity outweighs the risks, at least for now.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It's likely to become a huge state's rights issue. Even states that are generally concealed-carry-friendly are going to balk at being told they can't address firearms concerns, real or imagined, in their own state. I don't believe that such a bill is workable. I doubt that it will get out of both houses, and if it does, the ensuing backlash will be unlikely to be helpful to the overall gun-rights cause.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    It's likely to become a huge state's rights issue. Even states that are generally concealed-carry-friendly are going to balk at being told they can't address firearms concerns, real or imagined, in their own state. I don't believe that such a bill is workable. I doubt that it will get out of both houses, and if it does, the ensuing backlash will be unlikely to be helpful to the overall gun-rights cause.
    [Devil's Advocate here]

"It's likely to become a huge state's rights issue. Even states that are generally gay marriage friendly are going to balk at being told they can't address marriage concerns, real or imagined, in their own state."

See how that works? What's good for the goose is good for the gander........

I am a firm believer in applying their own tactics against them, like how they now all of a sudden don't like the "nuclear option" in the Senate. States that didn't want gay marriage (agree or not) got it rammed down their throats---no pun intended. So commie states that don't like icky guns should STFU and allow others who have valid permits from their own states to carry when away from home.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-04-17 at 15:03.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    [Devil's Advocate here]

"It's likely to become a huge state's rights issue. Even states that are generally gay marriage friendly are going to balk at being told they can't address marriage concerns, real or imagined, in their own state."

I am a firm believer in applying their own tactics against them, like how they now all of a sudden don't like the "nuclear option" in the Senate. States that didn't want gay marriage (agree or not) got it rammed down their throats---no pun intended. So commie states that don't like icky guns should STFU and allow others who have valid permits from their own states to carry when away from home.
    The Hypocrisy of the Left know no bounds .
    That they should choke on the very same rules and issues they pushed forward in their own agenda's is the only way to win. Draw a straight line correlation between what they want, how they got is and how the rules apply to all laws.
    I'm waiting for someone to nail Pelosi on the facts of Obama Care and remind her that "We had to pass it to know what's inside it." Just verbally grab her by the hair and rub her nose in it and the very same thing should be done with the nuclear option, Harry Reid took no issue using and holding it over the heads of others, why not now use the same set of rules?
    I'm hoping that Trump has enough energy to reinvigorate and hold these RINO's accountable. After yesterday, it would appear he does.
    Last edited by Averageman; 01-04-17 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    [Devil's Advocate here]

Yeah, right. At any rate, we won't have long to wait to see whether the states are willing to have a gun shoved down their throats, equating Federally mandated gay rights to Federally mandated gun rights. You may be right, but I'm skeptical and inclined to doubt it.
    Last edited by Hmac; 01-04-17 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is designed to fail.

Anyone with a DL from a "constitutional carry" state gets to strap on his pig iron and go take a ride on the NYC subway? No way.

We need a national standard, and a national license.

The same reason you see it as putting freedom in peril, "OMG what if the next President repeals all issued CCWs!?!" is exactly the reason why I think it needs to happen- now you take office knowing that if you **** with RKBA, you will face armed insurrection- as an absolute guarantee.

Put all Americans in the same boat. Stop setting gun owners up to fight against each other good states vs. bad states. Make RKBA a big part of every national election just as if any other BOR amendments were on the chopping block for everyone.

And don't let states create laws that abridge any BOR enshrined freedom.

(Also, make it cost $500 initial with annual renewals and documented annual skills test for $10. )

Remember when traditional Americans supported marriage licenses because they could prevent interracial marriage? Now 100 and some-odd years later, those same licenses are being used to cram gay marriage down everyone's throats.
    LOL... OT, but tell me exactly how marriage equality is getting the gays down your throat?

Is that real thing that marriage licenses were a tool of white supremacy?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I see your point, but how many would feel a $500 license prohibitive?
    We can't seem to require voters to have proof of citizenship, how can we ask someone who makes 25K a year pay $500 to exercise a Constitutional right? If we don't require it for drivers, marriage licenses, etc. how can we ask someone to do the same thing to CC?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast